tingie fingers..

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

tingie fingers..

Postby KajunGrammie » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:06 pm

I also have had this for yrs, and the Doc says it is carpal tunnel. vitamin B12 helps so do arm braces you put on before bed, they help .other then that they say surgury but I know of people who have had i, and it still comes back. so good luck. I'm not sure whats worse that or friggin HOT SWEATS every 45 mins for over 4 months so far, its killin me.
KajunGrammie..
KajunGrammie

Postby minniepauz » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:34 pm

Welcome to the forum KajunGrammie! I have that tingling and numbness and burning in my hands and fingers too....could be the start of carpal tunnel but I'm a little worried because the worst of it is in my LEFT hand and I'm right handed. I also worry about it being some kind of blockage in my circulation. Haven't gone to a doc yet because of no insurance, but I'm going to see if I can get some coverage that I can afford here pretty soon.
minniepauz
Site Admin

tinglie fingers

Postby KajunGrammie » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:42 pm

Wow I'm alss right handed and my left is my worse side to, And I know it is carpal , cause the Doc told me.they give you a choice of a hand brace, you can get them at any drug store, or walmart and they do help alot or like i said surgury. but this numbness & tinglin in fingers I belive have nothing to do with Menopause. :shock: :wink:
KajunGrammie

health insurance.....

Postby cin-d-rella » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:20 am

Hi Dee,

I have read on several of your posts about you (and probably millions of others, not having health insurance.) Up here in Canada, healthcare is mainly a provincial thing, but the feds kick in money too. Healthcare is available to everyone. It is getting a LOT worse though...waits up to a year to go to a pain clinic, 6 months for a c.t. scan etc. etc. many of our Dr. have left for 'greener pastures' (U.S.A.) It is hard, if not impossible to find Dr.s taking new patients etc. Anyway I guess I was just wondering if you could explain your healthcare system to me a bit more. I thought people with no insurance could at least go to a public hospital ? What a bunch of crap in the year 2006.
Hey, I read the travel section, but I was wondering if any of you 'pauzers' out ther wanted to go to Hawaii for a bit, sometime in the winter to escape our -40 (same in fahrenheit.....at -40 they mesh and it is just called Friggin cold !!!!!!). Love to all and Happy Thanksgiving to all the canucks out there. Cin-d-rella. (gobble, gobble).
P.S....Dee, do you have an outside the home job as well as this one ? Do YOU want to go to Hawaii ?!!?!! :wink: :D
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Postby cin-d-rella » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:15 am

Dee, I hope I was not too blunt about the healthcare and offended you in any way. If so, I am really sorry. I still would like to go somewhere warm this year...but I guess in lieu of what has transpired in Hawaii (TG there seems to have been no casualties last I looked,) a Carribean Cruise sounds soooo nice. Oh well, I have no friends who are retired or who can afford to go, or who are alone...............not self pity, just always the first to experience anything in my group of gals.

Night night...........Cin-d.......xoxo.
p.s. Does anyone take Evening Primrose Oil ?
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:23 pm

No way were you too blunt about the healthcare!! I somehow missed your post on this, so that's why I didn't respond. :) You are absolutely right about how ridiculous it is in this day and age. There's something like 60% of Americans without health insurance and the ones who do have it, are getting less and less benefits, but paying more.

I feel the insurance industry is such a ripoff! (like the pharmaceutical companies) Just a few minutes ago I had an ins. agent here talking about health coverage. I'm going to find a way to get a policy since I'm getting close to 60 and one of these days I will definitely need it, but it's going to cost me (for bare bones coverage) $250 a month! That's a huge chunk for me to commit to since Minnie Pauz is my only source of income. I'm going to see if I can pay off some other monthly bills so I can add this one to the list.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby cin-d-rella » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:50 pm

Wow, that is crazy expensive !! We too get much less quality (and I use the term loosely) care, a bunch of hollow promises about putting money into the system and what has happened ? Longer wait times for absolutelu everything. If your child has an ear infection............don't even bother calling your family Dr., just go to a walk-in clinic or E.R. SIGH. We'll all keep each other HEALTHY WITH HUMOR........IT OUR ONLY HOPE !!!!!!!!

Cin--d-rella.
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:17 pm

What drives me crazy is having my Dr. set me up for tests at the hospital, the hospital saying that my part will come to $----- amt. THEN a month or two down the road getting a bill from the hospital saying that I owe them a LOT greater amt. Now thay had to contact my ins. okeydokeying the procedure but NOW the amt. is greater?????? I don't get it and if I'd known that the amt. would be that big I would've just lived with the discomfort!!!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby cin-d-rella » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:33 pm

Well then,
Perhaps I shouldn't complain so much about our system. :wink: The fact of the matter is, N. American healthcare is in SERIOUS trouble and with so many, many of us baby boomers starting to need the care, something has to change. I am just afraid of what it might change INTO. Ah well, I suppose this isn't the forum where we talk about what democracy means, eh !??!?? Have a good eve....Cin-d. :?
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

Postby cin-d-rella » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:38 pm

Gee KajunGrammie,

I am assuming your avatar pic is a self protrait ?!!? :lol: If so, can you tell me your secret ? I am about 5'3".......squared !!!! ha, ha !! Cute though. Luv Cin-d-rella...........(who is VERY VERY PMS"y today.) When will it end, mate ? Bye for now, Gotta go sweep the hearth and make some dresses for those step sisters !! 8)
cin-d-rella
One HOT Woman!

lol,hey I

Postby KajunGrammie » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:00 pm

I went to the Doc's and she gave me something that has actually been helpin. and I've only taken it now for a week.its called Gabapentin, I take 1 before bed , and I've only had like 4 mild nite sweats in a week. man and i fianly can get some sleep. and most the day ones i get are much milder to and not ever hour, thank goodness.oh and my shape.hey on the internet we can be anyone, isint it awsome, to look so good again.lol :shock: :P
Love my Family, miss them tho, THEY ALL LIVE IN CALLIE WOULD LOVE TO MEET NEW WOMEN who can relate to the hell I'm going thru.. ..MENOPAUSE.......GRRR
KajunGrammie

Postby minniepauz » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:46 pm

I've heard of this, Grammie....it was originally used to prevent seizures, but somehow they found that it helped with hot flashes. I've also seen where it's used for depression and anxiety as well.

Must be a relief if you're getting some sleep!! That will make everything else feel better!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby psexypsychic » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:12 am

As if it wasn't bad enough...

I've been having elevated Carpal tunnel symptoms for months now. I'm to the point where if I write with a pen (a big fat, padded pen at that) for more than three minutes, I lose all sensation in my index, middle and ring fingers. And of course, I have the accompanying pain in my palm and wrist.

But what prompted me to post was what I found when I Googled "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome". On this website I found some interesting facts. Hypothyroidism and menopause can exacerbate carpal tunnel symptoms. *sigh* So, along with being a woman (as is listed 3 times more likely than a man to get carpal tunnel syndrome), I've been double-whacked with the hypothyroidism and menopausal issues. Not to mention my lovely case of "unexplained edema".

My pain meds are nice, but only for nighttime use. I'm off to take some ibuprofen and make it through my day. ;)

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:50 am

Hang in there Girlfriend...maybe you're going through all this so you can help lots of women by sharing your experience! Really though, you do a good job of keeping a cheerful attitude and I hope your Christmas is great!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:12 am

I remember doing arm and hand massage on a lady at my clinic in CO, helped her a bit. I encourage everyone to have work done on these parts..I don't think massage therapists really realize how good that feels and concentrate on other parts. My BIL was a professional house painter (man he's good!!) and when I got to give him a massage and started on the arms and hand he thought that was the greatest!! I realized how nice it is while I was a directory assistance opertor and was processing over 1000 calls a day (before the computerized boloney), we use our hands and arms as tools in so many ways for so many things.

Hugs!!! Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause