Need Expert/Experienced Advice

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Need Expert/Experienced Advice

Postby Malaron » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:43 pm

I am 42 and have been having weird symptoms (about 24 on the list of 35) for about a month. Last September I went to my Doctor, thought I was having heart/lung problems (I am an ex smoker) she did the EKG, lab tests and chest xray, all is okay, you must be peri-menopausal. Oh I say, and felt fine for about a year, until October 3rd. I have not felt good since.

I went back to doctor, did my EKG (normal), waiting for lab work, checking for lymes, mono, CFS, etc.

I cannot function. I used to be able to do everything, now I can barely get dressed. Mostly feel extremely tired, fuzzy headed, cannot think right and very, very sad (depressed?). I have left work again today.

My cycles have been shorter and I have seen alot more clots, but other than that they have not been scary. My GYN says "I am way too young for peri-menopause" I saw "him" about 2 months ago, prior to this last month of hell. My Primary care doc "her" is the one last year who said it probably is peri-menopause.

My question is (once my labs are confirmed ok) which vitamins, etc. work best with peri symptoms of exhaustion, fuzzy head feeling???? I usually am very energetic, eat pretty healthy, somewhat active, never had any health issues. These symptoms are scaring me. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for any advice you can give.
Malaron

Postby mgr » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:15 am

Know exactly where you are coming from. I will be 42 years old in January, for about the last 1 1/2 years having alot of the symptoms on the peri list, also I have hypothyroidism which doesn't help. But I had seen my doctor for shortness of breath and weird feelings in my chest, of course every test came back normal. Anyway, after experiencing things like brain fog, itchy,crawly skin, tingling in hands & feet, terrible headaches, anxiety and a host of others I finally was told that I was peri. I tried evening primrose and other suggested remedies. After nothing eased the symptoms, my doctor put me on Alesse birth control. I have to say that alot of the symptoms are now gone, but I still suffer from the anxiety which is probably the worst of all. I went through a period of waking in the morning wondering what I would feel like today, just because every day brought a new symptom. I do believe the the birth control pill has been a real help. even though I am no where near 100%, I am thankful for any amount of relief. Hang in there, I know it gets better.
MGR
mgr
Hot Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:14 am

Please read the Ask Dr. Judy section. She has many words of wisdom for all this! And 42 is NOT too young....tell that doctor to get a uterus and THEN make that determination!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:44 am

Dee's right!! when was the last time HE looked frantically for "feminine protection" on a big day at work when wearing light colors!! or tried to keep a smile (istead of a grimace) when cramping? Gosh, just keep readin some of the posts and you'll see some of the things we as a group have been told, meaning that we are SOOO lucky to have this forum...to know we are NOT alone at this time of our lives. There's great info on Judy's forum..check it out!! In the meantime if it's possible for you to change Dr.'s you might consider shopping around, start byasking some women your age about their Dr.'s that's how I lucked out on mine.

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause