sigh....another newbie!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

sigh....another newbie!

Postby lglavy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:05 pm

Welcome to the club no one wants to join, huh? :wink:

I am 42, but I had a partial hysterectomy 8 years ago. I still have my ovaries, but don't have periods. So I don't know when my 'cycle' is. I do know that I am having a lot of icky symptoms. I am crabby, irritable, ITCHY ALL OVER, tired, would rather sleep than most anything else, my super thick hair is thin, i have chin hairs :o

So do I assume this is perimenopause even tho I'm only 42? Oh and my hair is verrrrry gray. I started going grey in my 30s.

help? :(
lglavy

Postby colopam » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:26 pm

Lglvy

Welcome!!! You've joined a really great group of ladies and have access to alot of support, humor and knowledge. AND nope 42 is'nt too young for peri/meno. I can remember some of the symptoms in my late 30's creeping up on me and I'm still peri (albeit with alot more of the symptoms LOL). as far as the grey hair goes I started going grey in my teens. Started with a grey spot at the front of my hairline (my cousin has the same spot) and have been on first name basis with Lady Clairol and her friends for quite a few years (ok lots). Peruse the boards and you'll see yourself (symptoms) in alot of us.

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby psexypsychic » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:44 pm

Welcome! This is a great place. I knew I wasn't insane when I found it.

I've been going grey since I was 17. I have friends who have never seen my natural haircolor (which I think is salt-and-pepper, even I'm not sure!).

I've been peri for three years, officially diagnosed at 36 years old.

I hate the itchy skin thing- if I'm awake late at night, that's why I'm up. My kids call my mood swings "the Menopause Monster" and even the dogs know to hide under the table if I get started. ;)

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause