has anyone had something like this happen

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

has anyone had something like this happen

Postby KayB » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:20 am

My health care provider has had me on a low dose birth control pill, Aleese, for PMS/peri issues.. However, I was recently diagnosed with gallbladder issues and am having my gallbladder out. I know b.c.p. can aggravate a gallbladder condition so I stopped taking them about 2-3 weeks ago just in case. I have not had a cycle or period or spotting since going off off the b.c.p.

All day yesterday I felt a tenderness in my lower left area, near where the left ovary is. Anytime I've had issues in this part it's always been on the left. At any rate, it developed to where I had lower back pain which was extremely uncomfortable. Ibuprofen eventually helped.

This morning it seems better but i woke up this morning with my night shirt slightly damp--am wondering if I had some sweats and didn't know it (is that possible?) and it still seems a bit tender there though not like yesterday.

So I was curious if anyone else had experienced something like that or what.. I am probably going to call my health care provider and check just in case.. I've had two trans vaginal ultrasounds (August 05 and January 06) and neither revealed any issues other than the 05 one showed me to have two simple cysts which were gone in 06)...
KayB
Combustible

Postby KayB » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:18 am

I ended up in the ER that night as the pain became quite severe--my husband insisted and I'm glad he did. I had a transvaginal ultrasound, a regular ultarsound, blood tests, urinalysis, pain meds via IV, etc and the radiologist's report said I had a good-size functional/simple ovarian cyst.... This is the side I always have had trouble with from my earliest days.. I've had two smaller cysts there, which went away on their own, and I suspect I've had them there before too just based on symptoms.

I kind of suspected it was a funcitonal cyst but nice to know what it is for sure...
KayB
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:12 pm

Thank goodness your hubby encouraged you to go, Kay!! Glad to hear the problem has been diagnosed (and hopefully fixed). So you DO have a lot to be thankful for!! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:19 pm

My SIL has had alot of problems like this (I've only had a couple and that was enough!!) she has so many adhesions due to endometriosis and the cysts that she's scheduled a hyst at the beginning of the year. Sounds like it will be a total. I'll have to send her some of this good info as they don't have internet access. I hope you're feeling better and that they can get yours under control.
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause