Curious about symptoms

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

survey

Postby JulieG » Thu May 17, 2007 7:51 pm

Hi,
Glad to have found this site! I just started posting today. Where did you find that survey? I'm interested in symptoms and how to tell if I've started. I've been dizzy lately, and that seems to be a symptom. I would like to try the survey if you have the URL. Thanks.
JulieG
JulieG

Postby minniepauz » Thu May 17, 2007 8:38 pm

minniepauz
Site Admin

Survey

Postby JulieG » Thu May 17, 2007 9:50 pm

Thanks. I took it and am moderate but the also said I need to take better care of myself! Imagine that :roll:
JulieG
JulieG

Postby Loopy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:06 pm

I came to this site looking for answers about my symptoms! I've been riding along with them pretty well for about 2 years (I'm 48 now), with ever increasing bouts of anxiety and depression (anxiety to the point that I have rather severe palpitations, sore muscles, can't eat, etc.) More worrisome (sp) to me than that is that the last couple of periods don't seem to end! I'm on day 15 of this one! Also get severe backaches and a burning sensation inside in the area where I'm assuming my uterus lies. Getting pretty freaked out by this. I was so glad to see some of your posts regarding weird periods. Does any of this sound familiar to any of you? Just wondering if this is something I should be seeing my Dr. about, or if it's fairly normal (I know, I know! There's no such word as 'normal' when it comes to peri-menopause!) This week has been particularly bad. I feel as if I'm going completely crazy - as if I have no control over my body or my life at this point. The pain and other weird feelings are no help, either. I'm in desperate need of some support of some kind right now. I'm genuinely sorry to whine so! It helps to just get some of this off my mind - my husband tries to help, and sympathizes as much as a man can, but there's also that "I want to help, but I have no idea what you're talking about" look that pops up once in awhile. I'm sure you've all seen it.
Thank you very much for letting me spout. It's appreciated more than you know - believe me!

Yours in la la land,

Loops
If you're not going to SNORT, why even laugh?
Loopy
Warm Pauzer

Postby colopam » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:39 am

Loops

It's be worth going to your Dr. or at least talking to the office nurse re: your concerns. They can make sure everything is ok and rule out anything else. at the very least it would be one less thing to worry about. Take "the list" and let the scheduler know you'll need some time to talk to the Dr. (lets them know ahead of time) and go over your concerns...the last time my Dr, took about 45 min to go over my concerns with me..very nice.
Good luck!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:29 am

She didn't have her response notification on, Pam, so I fixed that. I'm sure some women just think they're being ignored or they forget to come back here and check for responses to their posts, so I always check to see if they're getting an email that there is a response.

Welcome, Loopy!!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause