crying for no reason

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

crying for no reason

Postby shekat » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:16 am

i am 45 years old, starting to have irregular periods, with bleeding in between. i have been experiencing hot flashes for the last couple of weeks and now the crying.
i started crying yesterday and cried all day until i fell asleep. i had to leave work due to crying. i am up again today getting ready to go to work as a director of nursing at a nursing facility and have been crying all ready this morning. what is up with this? i am suppose to maintain a professional look and it is very difficult when all you can do is cry.
shekat
shekat

Postby minniepauz » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:27 am

Bless your heart, shekat...and blame your hormones! They affect our emotions more than we ever imagined! You probably know more about all that than I do, but my humor therapy is what works for me and for many other women! The more you try to hide it, the more stressed out you'll be, but if you can manage to laugh at what's happening, you'll be surprised how it helps. And no one will accuse you of being non-professional for laughing. :) I hope you've visited my site (other than the forum) and seen the cartoons (http://www.minniepauz.com/cartoons1.html) that somehow lift so many out of the "dark side" of peri-menopause. Here's one that addresses the crying:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:46 am

Shekat

I was driving down the road (busy afternoon rush no less!) the other day when a very UP Christmas tune came on (Mary's Boy Child, very sweet and perky) and tears just came a rollin. I'm sure all the other drivers were wondring what the h--- was going on. Sometimes it just happens to me. My Dr. put me on a lo-dose bcp and it seems to have helped. She gave me an Rx for Lexapro (antidepressant) and I took it for awhile but don't feel the need for it now. My suggestion is to go to the 35 symptoms listed in this site http://www.minniepauz.com/35symptoms.html , check off all that apply (bet you'll be surprised) and take it with you to a Dr.'s appt. Call today for an appt. and let them know that if an opening occurs to give you a call. There's alot that can help and doing something is one of them. Come visit us often, check out alot of the posts, you'll find you're in great company.

Let us know how things ae going 'k?

HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby psexypsychic » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:27 pm

I cry all the time- at stupid stuff, sometimes for no reason.

The other day, I went into the living room and sat down to see what was on cable- Oh, hey, "Terminator 2" was on... total action flick- explosions, gunfire and Robert Patrick all scary.

It had already started. They were at the scene where the kid is trying to rescue his mom from the hospital and Arnie just kicked the crap out of the hospital staff who were wrestling mom to the floor. She's freaking out, of course, because he was the villian from the first movie. And he looks down at her, holds out his hand and says: "Come with me if you want to live."

Me- sobbing like a baby. Why? Because its the same line the hero used on her in the first movie when he was saving her from Evil Arnie.

I hope that made you chuckle- Image

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:43 am

Yes, I turned from a professional, much respected, career woman into a gibbering crying wreck almost overnight. Luckily I never cried at work but the strangest things would set me off.
Obviously we all know it is hormonal but that doesn't stop the tear ducts working overtime.
The best advice I can give is to take a deep breath and think of something ordinary, not sentimental. Think of a washing powder TV advert, doing the shopping, something NORMAL. It's actually quite easy to do, once you get the hang of it. Look towards the window and the light, quite difficult to cry with light in your eyes. Eat lots of apples - good advice I was given and actually having an apple in my hand and eating it makes it impossible to cry!
Odd advice I know, but it worked for me and I got this advice from various older souls who had been through it. All you are trying to do is stop the tear ducts opening up into Niagara Falls and the above tips just 'distract' them, I think.
Good luck, it does pass.
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause