Oh, why do I feel so crappy?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Oh, why do I feel so crappy?

Postby itsgottabehormonesmary » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:39 pm

Hi. I just turned 53 this past December. As of January 12th, I went 4 months 1 day without a period, then Wham I got it. This one seems like the type that I got as a teenager, heavy flow, cramps, cranky, etc. Even before the periods semi-stopped, they were light. My GYN has me on Prometrium to try to regulate cycles. I have had hot flashes, irritability, unable to sleep, depression, suddenly realizing my age, etc. Oh, and let's not forget the anxiety attack I had last week at 3:45 am in the morning. I haven't had one of these in years, not even when my husband was diagnosed with leukemia 2 1/2 years ago (he's in Remission now and heading toward a cure).

I have no one to talk to about this. My mother is deceased. I never did find out how old she was when she went through menopause but I tend to think that she was a lot younger than I am now.

My GYN says that I am one of the 'lucky' ones who will go through menopause later in life (like I'm enjoying it). Last year my FSH level was 17.1 so they still considered that high. What gives? Why do I feel worse now than I did when I entered puberty? Help, can anyone give me any advice? I would greatly appreciate it! :cry:
itsgottabehormonesmary
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:33 pm

You're with friends now, Mary!! :) Glad you found us...misery really DOES love company! The only luck you've experienced so far is finding this forum! hahahah.....now dig out that sense of humor and try not to let it all get to you. As usual, there's always someone who has a case of it worse than you. :( By the time I read everyone's story around here, I was feeling lucky and I started menopause at 40!

Seriously, we do understand and I hope you will find some answers from talking to women here. Almost everyone finds SOME helpful info anyway!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby dcamp » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:47 pm

Hey Mary,

Dee's right. You are in very good company here. The women here are so caring and willing to share their experiences. I guess if there is anything "lucky" :?: about going through menopause, it is going through it older. Since you're already 53, you don't have that many years to suffer through it. Stick around----you'll love it here. I know I do. Everyone has been so very helpful. Welcome to cronehood. Take care. Donna
dcamp
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause