Do dizzy spells (with the room rolling) need to be checked?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Wow, just what I was looking for

Postby JulieG » Thu May 17, 2007 7:47 pm

Hi,
I'm Julie and i'm 47, almost 48. I think I am starting menopause, although not a lot of symptoms yet. What brought me here was the dizziness. I googled menopause and dizziness and got a lot of hits! Then I remembered this message board and stopped in to see if it was a topic, and sure enough here it is.

I also had major vertigo one night, just one episode though. But I've been feeling dizzy off and on. I've been pretty stressed lately and thought I was just a bit overwhelmed.

My mom was quite a bit younger when she started, only about 38. She was very moody, and I'm not like that either... yet.

If there is anymore info on dizziness I would be glad to hear it. I suppose going to the dr. would also be a good idea, but I'll put that off a bit longer!
JulieG
JulieG

Postby minniepauz » Thu May 17, 2007 8:34 pm

Julie, the best part about checking in with your doctor is that they can help rule out most other causes of dizziness based on what you're able to tell them and your personal health history. :) I always recommend using as many sources as possible to narrow things down to a manageable conclusion. That doesn't mean it's always going to be easy or clear cut, but it does help to know that you have done your homework and you have a good idea of which direction you need to go.

Let us know when you figure it out, ok? There have been many women around here who have experienced the dizziness, and most of the time it seems to be just part of the process, but you really should get checked out too.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Thanks

Postby JulieG » Thu May 17, 2007 9:28 pm

I guess you're right. I should get it checked out. Didn't want to add something else to my list of things to do! I'm three months overdue for my mamo too. Jeez... :oops:
JulieG
JulieG

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause