I'm not insane afterall

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

I'm not insane afterall

Postby ohboy_itsher » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:12 pm

Finding this site was an answer to a prayer!

I'm nearly 42 and I swear I think sometimes I'm going insane with the way I've been feeling for the past several months. My M.D. has been of no help, other than to prescribe me betablockers; and do standard blood tests. All this despite following her advice to stop caffeine and other things. :x

I have a general "don't feel right" feeling; heart palpatations; my blood pressure suddenly increased over a few months, so my doc put me on one beta blocker - I hated the stuff; than another one Toprol XL and now I feel extremely tired and depressed. I am still having palpatations and a feeling of "blood rushing fast" in my chest whenever I lay down. I sometimes have shortness of breathe too. And thank goodness that "electronic shock" symptom was on that PeriMenopause list, because I wouldn't know how to describe that. I'm tired of my doctor telling me it's all "in my head" and to "get over my anxiety".

I am too tired to even want to exercise; and I am so shakey & jittery feeling all the time.

At Christmastime, I had one glass of wine (which I never drink but once a year) and had a "racing heart" for four days. My doctor doesn't seemed concerned because she has yet to refer me to a cardiologist. :evil:

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
ohboy_itsher

Postby michelilow » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:17 pm

Hi,
I am so glad to read someone else is having those electric shock sensations, as I thought I was the only one! Mine started when I turned 40, four years ago now & they seem to come on when I have been anxious about something. I sure wish I knew what they actually were? :? They are then usually followed by a bout of vertigo, that always seem to happen during the night. It is no use asking my GP about them here in the Uk, as he is non use whatsoever when it comes to anything to do with the menopause. I also have the shaky jittery feeling too & the palpatations, so you are not alone! :)
Michele
michelilow
On Fire!

Postby Boanergez » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:57 pm

In both cases above the palpatations and jittery feelings while being anxious or any other stress-input is a result in blood pressure fluctuations that result in the feelings so described. A Dr. will prescribe a simple, cheap pill, generally Lisinopril: http://www.drugs.com/lisinopril.html

After application, (generaly 10 mg, 2xp/day), along with extra potassium and iron for women, the sensations slowly dissipate and go away completely as the heart gets used to the drug as a pacifier and stabilizer.

I have my honey on this, and I take it when scuba diving and it has helped her immensely.

Best wishes,

Boanergez
Boanergez
Warm Pauzer

PLEASE READ

Postby minniepauz » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:00 am

Only your personal physician or other health professional you consult can best advise you on matters of your health based on your medical history, your family medical history, and your medication history.

We strongly urge users of this site to consult their physicians about any personal medical problems or concerns. All material provided on the pages located at minniepauz.com is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Consult your own physician regarding the applicability of any information on this site with respect to your symptoms or medical condition.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby psexypsychic » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:31 am

I take Lisinipril for blood pressure and Hydrochlorthiazadide for edema.

I've been taking the Lisinipril since waaaay before I started peri symptoms. The Lisinipril replaced Atenenol (sp?) because the Atenenol aggrivated my asthma.

Every once in a while, I still get all jittery and have the heart palipitations.

Anytime someone talks about "heart" or "blood pressure" my first reaction is "talk to your doctor!". My dad has had high blood pressure since his early 20s (me since my mid-late twenties) and he has several heart issues.

Because of him and my seemingly heriditary way of following his heart problems- I take every heart/blood pressure issue seriously.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby Boanergez » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:37 pm

Easy.........easy now..............

I'm not sure what happened, but note I said 'prescription', not buying lisinopril on the corner from a crack dealer..........

Easy now, easy...............

And I mentioned it may work for some and not others............

I am a MasterScuba Diver rated for NASA and dove for them for years, along with the documentation stuff, so have been traind in medical issues and what is needed and what is not......based on experience, not conjecture. Hope that is better.

Again, lisinopril is a PRESCRIPTION drug, not an over the counter vitamin.....

Hope everyone re-reads the post for clarity sake......

Thanks,

Boangerez

Boanergez
Warm Pauzer

Postby mgr » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:05 pm

I have the shakey, jittery feeling also. I am 42 and have had peri symptoms for the past 2 years. I don't have high blood pressure and attribute these symptoms to peri. There are times when I am absolutely fine and others when I am very shakey. I also suffer with anxiety since peri, something I never experienced before. I am trying to cope the best way I know how because Dr.'s seem to push menopause to one side and just push anti depressants. I have tried to avoid going on anything but I did get a prescription for Ativan so that when I feel I can't take it anymore I take .5 of the Ativan.

MGR
mgr
Hot Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:41 pm

As a responsible website owner, I have to remind everyone that they need to get their advice from qualified medical professionals if they have access to such resources. :) Even medical sites have to put such disclaimers. It's not likely that one of our members is going to make a claim that they tried something (even prescription) that was mentioned here, but I ask everyone to refrain from diagnosing someone else's condition without suggesting they talk with their physician.

For those, like myself, who have no insurance and don't see a physician at all, it's of great interest to consider what has worked for someone else if it sounds like similar circumstances, you just have to be careful how you say things. With menopause, it's hard to find two women who are experiencing exactly the same thing for the same reason. Anyway....we have Dr. Judy for medical advice. I am curious what she thinks about the medication you mentioned for the symptoms described here.

I appreciate your involvement on the forum, Robert, but I do have to tread lightly when it comes to any kind of medical recommendations. We're all allowed to talk about our own experiences and what kind of medications we take or don't take and whether it helped or not, your post was just a bit too close, so I decided to post my disclaimer. That's all. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:45 pm

One of the most important things I've learned and that my cardiologist and GP appreciate VERY much is writing down not only what prescriptions and dosages I take but also equally important is my OTC drugs, vitamins and supplements and very importantly any herbal medicines I may be taking. If I have ANY questions I'll ask my pharmacist as they have the databases to check on interactions. And every time I get my prescriptions I read the info that come with it as things change (that's why I know how and when and with what I can take my Rx's). I bring this up as something as innocuous as an aspirin can end up canceling surgery or causing problems with a prescription. Just a thought and reminder (along with the list of 35!!! LOL)

HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Boanergez » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:26 am

minniepauz wrote:As a responsible website owner, I have to remind everyone that they need to get their advice from qualified medical professionals if they have access to such resources. :) Even medical sites have to put such disclaimers. It's not likely that one of our members is going to make a claim that they tried something (even prescription) that was mentioned here, but I ask everyone to refrain from diagnosing someone else's condition without suggesting they talk with their physician.

For those, like myself, who have no insurance and don't see a physician at all, it's of great interest to consider what has worked for someone else if it sounds like similar circumstances, you just have to be careful how you say things. With menopause, it's hard to find two women who are experiencing exactly the same thing for the same reason. Anyway....we have Dr. Judy for medical advice. I am curious what she thinks about the medication you mentioned for the symptoms described here.

I appreciate your involvement on the forum, Robert, but I do have to tread lightly when it comes to any kind of medical recommendations. We're all allowed to talk about our own experiences and what kind of medications we take or don't take and whether it helped or not, your post was just a bit too close, so I decided to post my disclaimer. That's all. :)

Thanks dear, gotcha. Understood and your disclamier is just and timely. Thank you,

Boanergez
Boanergez
Warm Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause