Prempro Anyone?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Prempro Anyone?

Postby Lori » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:27 am

Just wondering if anyone is taking Prempro.
I got a month's supply from the midwife yesterday at my annual. Yeah! Someone finally listened to me and did NOT tell me I was too young for this. I knew she would help, but the wait was so long.
Anyway, I almost begged for help so she gave me a month's supply to try out ot .45 strength.

If anyone else is on these, curious about side effects, how it is working, especially with the flashes and night sweats.
Also when do you take yours? Does it matter for morning or night? I forgot to ask.

Lori
On Fire!

Postby drjudy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:09 am

Hi Lori,

I hope the Premarin works well for you. .45 mg. is a fairly low dose, so it may take more than a month to see the full benefits. You didn't mention if you were fully into menopause or not.

Premarin is formulated for slow release, so you should be able to take it any time of the day.

Best,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby Lori » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:37 am

Thanks Dr Judy, glad to know I can take it at any time.

I really don't feel much of a difference from when I took the remiferen, but again it has only been a week.

Over a year ago I was still having periods but a TSH? test showed I had levels that indicated I was menopausal. I have not had a period since June of 2006 and am 45.
Lori
On Fire!

Postby drjudy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:43 pm

Hi Lori,

One week is not long enough to see the full benefits of Premarin. Another woman on this forum waited over a month to feel better from her prescription.

Keep us posted on your experience!

Best,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause