Help!!! I'm red-faced and hating it!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Help!!! I'm red-faced and hating it!

Postby laursph » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:20 am

I'm 53 and just now having some symptoms of peri-menopause. I've skpped a couple periods and cry for no reason at all. I get really depressed and anxious at times. I've been under a doctor's care for chronic depression for 10 years, but now, the meds don't seem to be working all the time.

I have 12 of the 35 symptoms on the list. Who knew hearing my pulse beat constantly in my ear could be related to menpause!

Here's the thing that's really driving me insane: I don't have classic hot flashes. What happens to me is my face, ears and neck get BEET RED and hot and I stay that way for quite some time. But I don't sweat and my body doesn't get hot. People at work think I'm crazy. I try to make a joke about it, but its really embarassing.

Does this happen to anyone else?
:oops:
laursph
laursph

Postby minniepauz » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:34 am

Welcome laursph!! Don't worry, you're not the only one! That's how my sister used to have hotflashes. She could never figure out how we could tell she was having one. :) I even created this cartoon just for her:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby laursph » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:35 pm

Thanks for the cartoon. Did you sister do anything special to keep the red face at bay? I could use some suggestions.
laursph
laursph

Postby minniepauz » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:34 am

She takes bio-identical hormones and says she feels great! You might also consider keeping some kind of personal cooling device handy...either an ice pack if possible, or a small fan.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause