It's baaaack

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

It's baaaack

Postby Lori » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:43 pm

I've posted recently how thrilled I am that Af has not been here since June of 2006.
Guess what I got over the weekend? :roll:
I just want to say fudge, fudge and more fudge :x
Not fair at all.
As my DH said, now we have to start all over again - sigh.

Side question
I started Prempro about 2 weeks ago. I know breakthrough bleeding can happen and wish is was as light as that. But I have all the cramps, pain and heavy bleeding so if my memory serves me well - thinking back 8 months - it's the real thing. Can Prempro cause it?
Lori
On Fire!

Postby minniepauz » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:31 am

I'm not sure if Dr. Judy will see this here, so I would suggest that you ask over in her section. How nice that your husband is counting the days with you. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby drjudy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:51 am

Hi Lori,

The breakthrough bleeding from combination hormone therapy can be rather heavy. As you got this two weeks into the Prempro, it does suggest that you still had some hormones of your own kicking around as well. I'm not sure you need to set the menopause clock again, but your breakthrough bleeding may continue quite pesky, and if it does, please call your doctor.

Best,
Judy
drjudy
One HOT Woman!

Postby Zetti » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:38 pm

Went several mos w/o a period.

Then it struck, the 3 wk mega period.

I've decided this means we have reversed the aging process and are now getting younger. :?

Zetti
Zetti
Combustible

Postby Lori » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:09 pm

Thanks Dr Judy - I figured I was starting out again, but will check with my doctor if it doesn't subside.

Zetti, I love the way you think :D
Lori
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause