migraine ??

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

migraine ??

Postby KayB » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:03 pm

I searched and couldn't find anything about this elsewhere, though maybe I was not entering the correct search topics-I apologize if this is repeating anything.

My question is about migraines--does the pain of a migraine have to be totally debilitating or can it be more "mild"? I get headaches like this which to me are symptomatic of migraine, yet the pain is not enough to where I need to lay down or anything... It seems to coincide with when the hormones are going nuts though is not frequent.
KayB
Combustible

Postby colopam » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:15 am

Kay
Yes they can be mild....sometimes I have one just hanging on and it'll go for days if I don't take something. Other times it slams me and I can't do anything 'cept wish for a dark cold quiet room with a toilet close by to vomit in...breathing hurts...hair growing hurts....I've had some that tease and I'm afraid to go to work cuz I don't know whether it'll blow up to a huge one or stay mild (TG for Imatrix!!). There are also sharp spikes in just one part of the head or clusters, these can last a short time or long just depends. I try to pay attention to the changes in vision and lightheadedness but sometimes that just doesn't get enough of my attention. I've actually been at work and had to do some noisy stuff and have tears rolling down my face. I am lucky tho.. I know people that have them very frequently and for prolonged periods of time. My mom didn't believe that my dad had them until I started getting them...'course she came in the room turning on lights, turning up the tv and wanting to talk (bless all those that don't understand!).
hope you're not suffering!

Hugs Pam
Last edited by colopam on Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby KayB » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:02 am

I had a headache incident yesterday which really had me concerned... Just was wondering if anyone else had experienced something similar. I have a dr appt next week and am definitely bringing it up..

Yesterday morning I just yawned a lot and felt more tired than I usually do after not having a good nights' sleep (almost every woman I know in peri is the same way--go to bed, either fall asleep right away or have trouble falling asleep right away and then wake up at 2, 3 or 4 am and can't get back to sleep).. At any rate, I just seemed more tired than usual.

About 3 pm I got up from the sofa after having been sort of resting--I was not laying down but semi-reclining. And then the headache hit. It was across the top front of the head not quite to the hairline of the face.. It seemed to pulsate a bit and felt like there was pressure--it felt like it was in the scalp almost if that makes sense.

So I took two ibuprofen and drank some water and 3 hours later it was still there and I took 2 more ibuprofen...

About that time, it went from across the top front of the head to the back of the head along the hairline of the neck... I never felt it in between--that is to say I initially felt it across the top front of the head and then it went to the lower back part. It was less than when on top but I broke down and took a toradol capsule I had from when I was in the hospital and that gradually seemed to work. I also had some twinges on the right side of my face, near the right temple and just a bit of a very minor eye ache which went away quickly. I've been to the eye doctor just a couple weeks ago and nothing serious was noted-she always looks for things and is very careful to observe any abnormalities....

As the pain subsided I felt like I needed more sleep--I was NOT drowsy--but I felt like I wanted to sleep.. I was able to do things and keep on with my nightly routine.

I also had a bit of tingling in the hand but no other neurological symptoms that prevented me from doing things.

This morning the pain is gone but I feel really, well, blah...

I was always told a migraine was on one side of the head.. Is it possible this was a migraine? Like I said I have a dr appt and this is going to be discussed.. Last week I had a similar headache but it wasn't as debilitating as this one..

Oh--I am on some low dose birth control pills and I do continuous dosing.. Right about now is when I would stop and take the last strip of pills that aren't the birth control pills... Just don't know if this is hormonal or what....
KayB
Combustible

Postby colopam » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:16 pm

Kay
they are "typically" on one side but not always. sometimes my head feels like it's in a vice, sometimes there's a difinitive line between front and back where the back just feels like it's been rudely sliced from the front, sometimes one side (not often), there's also the sharp painful spikes that feel pretty specific. Some migraines just affect the eyesight....contrary to many beliefs there are MANY versions of migraine and they are now saying that it is probably more under and undiagnosed than they've thought. Be sure to write down all the aches and pains and when they happen for your Dr., it'll make it easier to figure out what's going on, you may even find more of a pattern for yourself!!

Be sure to let us know how things go!!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby KayB » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:28 pm

Thanks Pam!

The primary pain was, as I said, on the top front and then the back at the bottom but the other "things" (tingling, eye pressure twinges) were all on the right...

Definitely am going to discuss this with the doctor when I go..
KayB
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause