Sigh

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Sigh

Postby danmia » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:58 am

Just another rant really, but this is the only place anyone actually understands what I'm on about. I had a few weeks of peaceful no symptoms but then they returned to bring me down. Right now I'm waiting for a roofing contractor to come, so of course IBS starts and I'm torn with do I go to the bathroom or wait in agony. Hives on my arms are driving me nuts, my eyes sting and water at the slightest thing, I sneeze and wheeze, unbelievably tired all the time, night sweats return as the weather gets warmer to taunt me, where were they when we had record cold the other week? I have to crawl out of bed every morning because my joints are so stiff, I have a continuous pain in my backside that shoots through to my thigh. And my mood is horrible, I range from lethargic, irritable, depressed, all at once and so restless. Can't sleep at night but could sleep all day on the couch no problem. There's probably more but I won't bore you with it all. Just fed up with this now, puberty sucked and now menopause is even suckier. Sigh I'm done, hope everyone is feeling good, I am trying to keep my sense of humor honest!!!! Take care ladies :cry:
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby danmia » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:02 am

Oh and did I mention the continuous anxiety and panic attacks, and the habitual heartburn every single night..........and obviously the memory lapses.......hehehe
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:01 am

I honestly know how you feel danmia!! I'm waking up every morning (at 2:30, 4:00 and 5am) and my first thoughts are worries!! money, health, kids, business....I know how devastating these negative thoughts and feelings can be to our entire day, not to mention the week and then the month. Pretty soon we can look back and see an entire year we wasted on worry and sadness and anger and feeling like CRAP.

Besides the inability to sleep through the night uninterrupted, I suffer 24/7 with tinnitus...oh my God, it's SO irritating!! I feel like I never have any peace and quiet....need to go have my hearing checked, but without insurance I have to save my doctor money for emergencies and things like a new prescription from the eye doctor that I need to do today! Then the psoriasis is driving me crazy...the itching is beyond tolerable, so that's another doctor's appt. that I can't afford...especially since they have nothing to give me that helps (unless I could afford $1200 a month shots that have side effects like TB or lymphoma). It gets worse because of stress, but I haven't been able to manage the stress in my life lately due to my son moving in with me last Oct. (with no job and no driver's license--long story kind of described here: http://minniepauzblog.blogspot.com/2007 ... tempt.html and a HUGE tax bill that I'm having to put on a credit card by 4/15....yikes!

Ok...the reason I recognize the problem so well is because I've done it for most of my almost 59 years! Then I remember about how repeating positive affirmations really does help! Here's some great links to help you get started and it's reminded me to do the same thing! I promise you it will work...you'll feel so much better. I usually do after only 15 min. of repeating whichever affirmation I need most at the time:
http://www.successconsciousness.com/index_00000a.htm
http://www.coping.org/growth/affirm.htm
http://stress.about.com/od/optimismspir ... mation.htm

I hope this helps....it's an easy thing to just sit and read them. :) We don't have to get dressed or go out anywhere or do anything physical (God forbid!), and like I said, you will probably notice a little "shift" in your mood in just a few minutes. Please remember that I'm not trying to say that your complaints aren't valid, just trying to help find a solution. For me it's sometimes a minute by minute solution! :) Let me know, ok? :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby danmia » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:15 am

See and this is why I come to this forum, God Bless you Minnie :)
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause