Burning tongue/mouth syndrome and peri symptoms?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Burning tongue/mouth syndrome and peri symptoms?

Postby cnmarykay » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:17 am

I'm a newbie, and believe I'm starting perimenopause.

I skipped one period last month, and recently had a very painful period.
Since February, I started feeling feverish (warm from the neck up) and have warm hands. I also started having a burned tongue feeling. The warm flush and tongue burning usually starts in the afternoon and continues throughout the day.

This week, I should be ovulating, and my left ovary is throbbing. I also have a uterine fibroid that could be causing problems...not sure. I have not had any spotting. With each throb, I feel a surge in warmth from the neck up and burning tongue sensation. Today, I started feeling warm in my feet and vaginal area.

Anyone else, have these issues? My doctor can't see me until next week.
cnmarykay

Postby colopam » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:54 am

cnmarykay
It does sound like peri. Go click on the 35 symptoms of peri on the first minnie page , print it out and check off all that apply to take with you to the Dr. My guess is that you'll be surprised at the number of them you actually have and it could convince your Dr. if they're skeptical. Some cooling (probably sugar-free/tooth friendly) mints or rinses might help some until you get relief. They have mini handheld fans that might help too. Hang in thee until the appt. the Dr. may have more solutions for you! (they're might be some answers on the forum, try the search feature at the top of the page...I'm not sure) BTW good to hav eyou here!!! WELCOME!!!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause