Lack of confidence, anxiety, depression! Help!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Lack of confidence, anxiety, depression! Help!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:31 am

I've been peri- for about two years and thought everything was hanging together pretty fine - OK a few hot flushes, a bit of grumpiness, some anxiety and mood swings but it was all fairly manageable. However, in the last two weeks I've experienced a quite severe depression which is totally out of character for me and also a real lack of confidence in how I look, who I am, what people think of me. I'm finding it difficult to make a decision about anything, in case I make the wrong one (stupid stuff, like spending ages in the supermarket wondering which cornflakes to buy! How daft is that!), and I'm losing stuff all the time, keys, spectacles, and writing lists to remind myself of what I have to do and then getting anxious about remembering to do them! Some of you may be nodding your heads and saying "yep, classic peri symptoms" and I know I'm in good company here but for me, ladies, this is deeply worrying as I'm normally quite confident, outgoing, decisive and now I seem to be like a nervous teenager scared of going out and meeting people!
May I carry on for a bit? I mean, I'm here typing this and know this is reaching sympathetic ears so I'll continue. I've had a very heavy period recently which just stopped, and have started to feel rather woozy when I stand up or move suddenly (low blood pressure, I know, and I also take iron pills for anaemia); however, instead of thinking rationally about this I'm now brooding that the real cause might be a brain tumour! Seriously! Oh, and I get tears in my eyes for no reason (like now!). I would do a daily crossword without effort but now I find it harder to concentrate - it's like my brain is a big Swiss cheese and all my knowledge has fallen out of the holes!
I have seen my doctor, a sweet young lady who says if I want hormone replacement therapy (HRT) then it's mine for the taking; however I'd prefer to stay off that for as long as possible. I know all these symptoms are classic peri- stuff but frankly the last fortnight has been like I was a teenager all over again - the mood swings, the weepiness, the anxiety and nervousness, so I'm getting all the downside of being a teenager without the benefits of a slim body and breasts that point up to the skies rather than down to my knees!
Dear ladies, thank you for letting me rant. MinniePauz is the only place I can let off steam without feeling like a fool or worrying my nearest and dearest. As always, your advice, suggestions and words of wisdom will bring me the greatest comfort.
I shall now go and hide in a cupboard somewhere, until this all goes away ....
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:58 am

Oh Gorgeous!!

My hearts with you girl! With I were there, we'd go for a nice walk then have a piece of chocolate cake and watch a chick flick that was made for crying over. Sounds like the hormones have gathered for their own party at your expense. Dr. Judy will probably have something to say and it wouldn't hurt to talk to your Dr. But in the mean time know that you are cared about and take care.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby psexypsychic » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:01 pm

Did someone say chocolate cake? I'm there!

I hate the emotional junk that comes along with this hormonal stuff. I'm sick of forgetting little things. My kids tell me something and unless I write it down, its *poof* gone!

:bighug:

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:23 am

Dear ladies, thank you so much for your replies which brought a smile to my face and a lift to my heart. Do you know, today I feel entirely different and this temporary mood swing is currently on the 'up', so reading my post from yesterday is like a different woman wrote it!
Yes, chocolate cake works for me every time and if I were there with you then I'd bring a double chocolate de-luxe fudge-iced whopper of a cake to share with you all ...
thanks, kisses and hugs to you all ..
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:11 am

OOOOOOHHHHHHHH my fav!!! I'll flip for the movie and Psexy can bring the ice cold milk!!

HUgs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby psexypsychic » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:08 pm

My Mom's "Chocolate Sheet Cake" recipe-

For the cake:

*In large bowl*
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour

*In medium saucepan*
3 1/2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
1 stick margerine or butter (1 stick= 1/2 cup).
1 cup water

Bring to a boil and pour over the sugar and flour and mix.
Add-
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk (I use regular milk)
1 teaspoon baking soda.

Blend well!

Pour into a greased and floured pan (9x13) and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or till done- (toothpick in the center test works for this cake).

AS SOON AS YOU TAKE THE CAKE OUT OF THE OVEN- START FROSTING!!

In the same medium saucepan-
3 1/2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
1 stick margerine or butter (1 stick= 1/2 cup)
1/3 cup milk.

Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add-
1 pound of powdered sugar (1 pound= 4 to 5 cups)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional and you can use any nuts).

Mix fast, mix well.

POUR OVER HOT CAKE ASAP!! The hot cake will help it spread out. Sprinkle with some leftover nuts.

After its completely cool it is a delicious, rich, sweet cake. :D

*~my MySpace~*

psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:25 pm

Oh lordy!! Sounds heavenly!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby psexypsychic » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:20 pm

Did you notice... no eggs in the recipe at all.

Yet it is still cake-y with a sweet frosting.

*~my MySpace~*

psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

light headed

Postby pattitherip » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:23 pm

hi im from new zealand and just joined,i am not sure but think im going through pre menopause, not sure, dont know how to tell really, all i know that in the last week ive been feeling really weird and kinda light headed, and man that chocolate cake sounds the greatest.
pattitherip

Postby minniepauz » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:41 pm

Hi Patti....I guess the best we can do right now is figure that if you're starting to ask if you might be in peri-menopause, you probably ARE! :) It might help if we knew your age, if you've been having irregular periods (and how long) and anything else that makes you start looking for answers.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause