Long painful ovulation?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Long painful ovulation?

Postby jennykerty » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:16 am

I am 45 years old--had a partial hysterectomy (kept ovaries) a few years ago.

all my life I have often had ovulation pain that lasted a day or two. Back when I had periods, I could easily count the days and know if I was mid cycle, PMS, etc.....

Now, because of the hysterectomy I have no periods, so it is hard to gauge. I also know I have some perimenopause symptoms.

Right now, I feel I am in my 4th day of ovulation pain. Anyone else have ovulation a little more intense and longer than they used to?

I have also read that we may release multiple eggs when we are older--maybe that is what is going on....

Also, is there a blood test I can have done that will identify if I am in perimenopause? (Even if I dont' have identifiable cycles?)

Thanks
Jenny
jennykerty
Warm Pauzer

Ovulation Pain

Postby suse3349 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:14 am

Hi Jenny,
I'm 47 and have had ovulation pain on and off for years. (No hysterectomy.)
Mine lasts usually two or three days. I can have side pain, pain when I sit down, and intercourse - forget it. I'm prone to have cysts too; that's not fun either.
If it were me I'd keep track of your symptoms on a calendar. I would think that after a few months of doing that, you'd know.
I can't help you with info re: blood tests. There is a doc on this website, (Dr. Judy) who(m?) I'm sure would give you the right info.
Fun time of life, eh? :roll:
suse
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.
suse3349
On Fire!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause