Is 40 too young?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Is 40 too young?

Postby Slackajawea » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi All,

I turned 40 in December and have been experiencing perimenopause symptoms such as weird periods, worsening headaches, no sex drive and night sweats, among others. The symptoms actually started when I was about 38. Has anyone else gone through this? Could it be "the change", or am I just crazy? Any input will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
Slackajawea

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:22 pm

Sounds about right, I started this two years ago when I was 47 but I have a friend who's 43 and it's hitting her hard as well. Someone told me that you should look to your mother about this - the age she started is probably the age that you'll start. Don't know if that's true though.
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby mgr » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:29 pm

You are not crazy. 40 is not too young. I started with those same symptoms at about 37-37, I am now 42 and still having a rough time. Some symptoms seem to come & go or else one gets a little worst & I stop focusing on the others. It's been a rough road, but you hang in there, things change from day to day.

MGR
mgr
Hot Pauzer

Postby psexypsychic » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:30 pm

40 is definitely not too young.

I was 34 when I started experiencing the symptoms that were enough to make me ask my doctor. Two years later, they officially diagnosed me as peri.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:50 pm

I think Dee just stopped all at once at 40-41ish, I started with some peri symptoms (along with PMS it just isn't fair! LOL)in my late 30's and am now 48 with more symptoms but really not complaining comparing them with others symptoms. I've read and heard that you can kind of follow how your close female relatives responded (tho I had a male Dr. say that there's absolutely NO correlation, of course he didn't want to hear about the pain during intercourse with my fibroids either!, great surgeon not so great Dr.) I personally don't have any female relatives to compare to as my DM and G-ma both had early hysts and I've no sisters or aunts....I'm counting on my Minnie sisters here!!!

Good luck!! Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby aprilcline » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:56 pm

All the perimenopause books I've read say that you can go into PERI menopause as early as 30. One never really knows exactly when they go into it unless they are particularly observant about their body, but I noticed it way before 40. Isn't it fun? :wink:
aprilcline
Hot Pauzer

Postby javajane3 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:27 pm

I am right there with you . I will also be 40 in December and thought this is way too young. But here we are!! My mom just stopped having periods and had no other symptoms. Must be nice- I was hoping for that too but no such luck! :wink:
javajane3

Postby snoopy » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:02 pm

Mine symptoms started at 38 and are still ongoing and I am 40 too! Welcome to our world :D
I want to weigh what I used to weigh back when I thought I WAS FAT!
snoopy
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause