Paxil - Any Advice

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Paxil - Any Advice

Postby mgr » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:38 pm

I think I have had it. The anxiety & lack of interest in anything has finally gotten to me. I filled a precription for Paxil yesterday. I haven't started it yet but I think I will today.
I have been taking Ativan when things have gotten rough but I just got back from visiting my sister who tells me that I am not the person I used to be, no energy, no interest not even in shopping! Anyone with any advice on taking or not taking Paxil.
Thanks so much.

MGR
mgr
Hot Pauzer

Postby colopam » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:44 pm

ANYTHING that will bring back some normalcy or close to it is worth the try!! Please keep us informed on your progress and hopefully someone with experience with Paxil will respond soon!!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby mgr » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:39 am

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to report that I started taking Paxil on the 16th. of April, just better than a week ago. I can say that I feel quite an improvment already. If this continues to work/improve my anxiety, I'm sure I will wonder why I didn't start sooner.
I wanted to report this just in case other people are suffering with anxiety the way that I have been and with me I've been trying to do it without medication but I tell you my quality of life was poor. Everything was being done for the sake of doing it with no enjoyment whatsoever. This week I find a cloud has been lifted, hopefully things will only get better.

MGR
mgr
Hot Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:09 am

that's wonderful mgr!! so glad you decided to try something new and I hope it continues to get better!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause