New Here - Need Advice

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

New Here - Need Advice

Postby JMS1157 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:22 am

I'm new to the forum, I'm concerned and need advice.

I'm 49 and "believe" in Pre-Menopause. My periods have been like clock work the last 16 years..(before that major hormone imbalance, but getting pregnant with my youngest straightened it out).

My last period was in January...but last Friday, April 13 I started spotting for 3 days, very light....now the flood gates have opened up. My #2 & #3 days were always my heaviest, really heavy with clots. This time I can feel the uterus contracting, clots, not large, just there but flooding. I have to wear 2 pads to help cover the panty area, but I'm still a mess LOL.

Question: Do you think this flow is heavy because it's been 4 months since my last period? Should I be more concerned at this point?

The past year I've gained weight, my hair looks like someone took a spray can of gray paint to it, I've been diagnosed with Rosacea and what's up with the whiskers???? And they're white if that's not bad enough already! LOL........

HELP!!!! :lol:
JMS1157

Postby Sandykins » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:11 pm

I "flood" for at least 1 day of my 7 day period, EVERY month since they changed over 5 years ago. I was recently told by a nurse to take a specific anti-clot medicine that I have to buy in the pharmacy here in Sweden (non-prescription). It helps even out the flooding/clots over three days. The flow still stays heavy, but the massive clotting disappears. It's called Cyclo-F here. I don't kow if you can get it anywhere else.
If you judge people, you have no time to love them." - Mother Theresa
Sandykins
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:08 pm

Wow, Girls....all I can say is....it's great once the periods stop!! And they will someday, I can guarantee that....just don't know when. And you'll still have some symptoms to deal with but if you can just keep your spirits up with a good attitude, live a healthy lifestyle (that really DOES make a difference) and keep laughing, you will make it through to the other side. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby JMS1157 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:40 pm

I just want to say thank you for this message board and for the replies. I had never flooded that bad, was scared..almost ready to go to the ER it was that bad.... but comforted to know I wasn't alone after reading these posts. It passed about 24 hours later, went to normal flow now it's nearing the end. *whew* I also slept for 9 hours last night straight, was very tired.

Thank you again for this message board, I found it on a fluke while searching Google. :flower:
JMS1157

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:55 pm

oh the flooding, yes it's horrible and really impacts onyour daily life - never go out of the house without a sanitary pad and a spare pair of knickers. It's only since being peri- that I have experienced flooding; like you I thought there was something wrong and it was 'just me' but it's clearly just another menopausal symptom sent to drive you bonkers. Facial hair? The Immac cream isn't just confined to my upper lip, it's now plastered on the side of my cheeks and on my chin, part of my neck and I'm starting to wonder if it will work on the back of my hands. I have a horror that if I don't use it I may wake up and look like the WereWolf Lady! Grey hair? I use so much hair dye now that I can't remember (and am scared to think) what my real hair colour is!
The really poo thing about all this is that, in my head I'm still 21 but when I look in the mirror there's this hairy middle-aged woman staring back at me. HELP !
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:24 am

JMS, we're very glad you found us too....it wasn't a "fluke" by the way, it was an intervention! :) hahahah...

Try not to panic and read everything you can because you're likely to experience more symptoms that can be quite scary at times (like palpitations). As long as you are aware of your personal health risks and know there's nothing in your family history to really be concerned about, just keep in mind that a lot of the worry comes from the unknown. When you educate yourself, you're more prepared for what's possible.

Also you can question Dr. Judy....none of us can answer medical questions except her and she can at least give you some comfort about whether you should call your doc or not.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby hotpatootie » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:47 am

minniepauz wrote:Wow, Girls....all I can say is....it's great once the periods stop!! And they will someday, I can guarantee that....just don't know when. And you'll still have some symptoms to deal with but if you can just keep your spirits up with a good attitude, live a healthy lifestyle (that really DOES make a difference) and keep laughing, you will make it through to the other side. :)
I right here with ya Dee on the "you are gonna make it ladies" band wagon. Just keep laughing about the absurdity of it all and remember it is not fatal. You will recover from this.

I love the whiskers comment, me and my "Twisted Sisters", my group of gal pals, we have decided perhaps we are changing into men...LMAO
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause