Got the weepies!!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Got the weepies!!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:44 am

Ooooooh this is so frustrating! Where are all these tears coming from? It's a glorious day here in London, all's well with the world but I'm blubbing away like a baby for no reason at all (ok, we all know it's my hormones but they're out of control like a runaway train!). I am so frustrated that I can't control these weepy moments and wish I could slap myself to bring myself to my senses (*tries to slap herself OUCH that hurts!).
I know it's hormones but I am disappointed that I can't keep this wobbly-jelly side of me under control. Normally I'm chipper and bright but I definitely have the blues today.
Apologies to rant and rave, if I can't let off steam here then my poor husband, Mr. GorgeousFluffpot, will have to suffer my histrionics instead. And I know that you MinniePauzers are more understanding and sympathetic.
Life is such a load of poo sometimes. I shall go downstairs and raid the fridge and see if I can find something to make it all better.
thanks for listening.
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:38 am

Hey Gorgeous...have you seen Menopause the Musical yet? It's playing in London (I don't know how far you are from there) and it's impossible to feel bad after you've seen it! Plus you can buy a cd with the songs on it which cheer you up long after you've seen the play! :)

Shaw Theatre
100-110 Euston Road
Next to the British Library
London
Great Britain (UK) NW1 2AJ

Ticket Information
Box Office : 0870 033 2626
http://www.theshawtheatre.com

Special Group Rates 10+:
0870 033 2600
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:35 pm

I hate the weepies especially at work!!! There've been times that I've "scheduled" a good cry, but the stealth weepies just attack without warning, poor DH hasn't had to deal with them lately but I'm always on guard!!

Hugs to you girl!!! : :cry: :sad1: :cry: :sad1: :sad2: (we got some new ones I had to try!!)
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby psexypsychic » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:43 pm

Must be something in the air (and intercontential!) because I've been weepy all day too!

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby hotpatootie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:12 am

I remember I never got weepy, but I would just get so down in the dumps and couldn't crack a smile if I tried and I am a funny, fun loving person, people at work started asking me if I was mad at them because I was so quiet and introverted at times.
I am not a person who minces words, I just told them it was the hormonal roller-coaster I was on and nothing personal.

It really does get better ladies, just hang on to that hope and thought!!!!

You guys are going to get sick of me saying it, but I feel like a girl again and as long as I don't turn into one of those pathetic gals you see running around dressed like a teenager I think I'll be just fine.

No PMS, no cramps, no mood swings, no periods, what more could a woman want. And I managed to get through meonpase without killing my husband, so no jail time either. :lol:
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:09 pm

thanks for all the support and I feel immensely better for reading your lovely messages .... oh, and for raiding the fridge and finding a bar of chocolate that I had stashed away for 'emergency use' (well it WAS an emergency!). Sod the calories and the "moment on the lips, lifetime on the hips" nonsense - chocolate really does make you feel better doesn't it.
I HATE having the weepies :cry: and am quite ashamed that I occasionally succumb to them, what a soppy old tart I am!
Re. Menopause the Musical - sounds like a laugh. I must ring the theatre and book this: I shall get a group of my menopausal buddies together and use it as an excuse to dress up, show too much cleavage, put on too much make-up, drink too much and stay out too late .... just the tonic I need at the moment.
thanks again dear ladies, how I wish you were here and we could meet face to face!
love 'n cuds :bighug:
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:17 am

Be sure to drink your liquids AFTER the show, gorgeous....otherwise:

minniepauz
Site Admin

Yet even more weepies!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Sat May 05, 2007 8:13 am

After several days of feeling fine, sane, happy, with a spring in my step and full of life, I went out yesterday with my dear husband Mr. GorgeousFluffpot. All fine until halfway down the road, my eyes started filling with tears and I started blubbing ..about absolutely nothing, no idea what. I was feeling fine up to that point. The tears came so suddenly and I had to sit on a wall and just snivel snort and blub away until I got it all out of my system. Mr. GF is getting fairly used to this (says he prefers that I cry in menopause rather than get the 'angry hormones' and throw knives at him) so sat there and hugged me as I howled and blubbed and turned his clean shirt into a mascara-streaked snot-stained mess.. Five minutes later it was over and I HATE myself for giving in to this. Why why why? These weepy moments, when they come, are quite overwhelming and are totally out of character for me. I really don't recognise myself in them and am quite ashamed that I succumb to this.
Now, a day on, writing this is like I'm writing about someone else because it is so unreal.
Grrrrrrrrrrr! I HATE this bit of peri-menopause, the personality change. These are my 'Jekyll and Hyde' moments.
Phew, feel better for telling all. Thanks for letting me get this out of my system.
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Sat May 05, 2007 8:18 am

Did you go see Menopause the Musical? You'll be crying, but it will be from laughter! :) Good for your sweet hubby! Better keep him around! How long have you been married?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Re: Yet even more weepies!

Postby hotpatootie » Sat May 05, 2007 9:27 am

gorgeousfluffpot wrote:After several days of feeling fine, sane, happy, with a spring in my step and full of life, I went out yesterday with my dear husband Mr. GorgeousFluffpot. All fine until halfway down the road, my eyes started filling with tears and I started blubbing ..about absolutely nothing, no idea what. I was feeling fine up to that point. The tears came so suddenly and I had to sit on a wall and just snivel snort and blub away until I got it all out of my system. Mr. GF is getting fairly used to this (says he prefers that I cry in menopause rather than get the 'angry hormones' and throw knives at him) so sat there and hugged me as I howled and blubbed and turned his clean shirt into a mascara-streaked snot-stained mess.. Five minutes later it was over and I HATE myself for giving in to this. Why why why? These weepy moments, when they come, are quite overwhelming and are totally out of character for me. I really don't recognise myself in them and am quite ashamed that I succumb to this.
Now, a day on, writing this is like I'm writing about someone else because it is so unreal.
Grrrrrrrrrrr! I HATE this bit of peri-menopause, the personality change. These are my 'Jekyll and Hyde' moments.
Phew, feel better for telling all. Thanks for letting me get this out of my system.
More than a couple times I went completely around the bend and hollered and screamed at my poor husband and said the most awful, hurtful things to him. I am surprised he didn't pack it in more than a few times. But he was fully aware I was have major meno moments and what a wild ride I was taking on the Hormonal Roller-coaster. It was so bad for a while I'd even call him before I left work to tell him the the "the other Debbie" or "bad Debbie" was coming home. A few times I just left the house and went for a drive because I knew it wasn't safe for me to be around him.

I managed to keep it together at work, but it took more self control that I thought I could ever muster up.

But when I got in the down in the dumps mood, there wasn't anything I could do to joke myself out of it.

I love that cartoon Dee, sneezing and laughing can be a real bitch. :lol: :roll:
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Sat May 05, 2007 2:59 pm

Thanks for your messages and it's good to know that I'm in esteemed company. These ***** (insert appropriate expletive) hormones - I hate that my body keeps doing this stuff to me!
I'm rallying some friends to go and see Menopause the Musical which promises to be a right hoot! It's great to have good friends that you can let your hair down with.
Dear Mr. GF really does deserve a sainthood some days. We've been together for 30 years but lived separately due to work commitments, moved in together 5 years ago and got married 6 months ago. Not the conventional way of doing things but it suits us. I feel sorry for him watching me dissolve into a snivelling wreck, he has a faint look of panic when this starts but luckily he's learned to have a plentiful supply of tissues to hand. Occasionally he reads some of the posts on this site and then realises that I'm displaying normal menopause behaviour and that he hasn't married some crazy psycho who's going to suddenly murder him in his bed.
How do the men in your life handle all this stuff? I know there's a men's room on this website but it seems little-visited - maybe encourage our guys to check in occasionally and let off steam about us. Might be interesting reading, whaddya think?
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby psexypsychic » Sat May 05, 2007 8:04 pm

My husband ignores it. He thinks I'm exaggerating and rolls his eyes all the time. He acts like my hot flashes are nothing, my mood swings are fake and the health problems I have associated with the hormones are blown out of proportion.

But, he doesn't turn off the fan in our room anymore. He just pulls up the extra blanket.

I had to go out to a new age shop today and do readings at their grand opening. I had a lot of down time, so another woman and I sat out front (its on a cozy little street) and we shared meno-weepy stories. I shared this one with her-

"Have you seen "Terminator 2"?" (then I described the scene where "Sara Connor" was escaping from the asylum at the same time the Terminator and her son were trying to rescue her). "There's the scene where she sees Arnie and still thinks he's evil, so she runs off and is tackled by orderlies and security- freaking out "He'll kill us all!"... so Arnie kicks the crap out of everyone, holds his hand out to her and says: "Come with me if you want to live"- I totally LOSE it! That's the same like the hero uses in the first Terminator movie when he saves her from Evil Arnie and that one line just knocks me out!"

Then we laughed about it and in a fake crying voice, I said, "What's he going to do with her when SHE gets all fat and weepy? He won't help her up off the floor, he'll just throw chocolate and leave her behind to die!"

I swear, people thought we'd lost our minds. Laughing and snorting over what makes us cry.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Sun May 06, 2007 7:55 am

Mr. CP is pretty good about all the stuff going on tho he doesn't always understand, for example: had a minor anxiety attack the other day and he wanted to know what I was worried about etc... (a warrior....I'll go beat it up for my love...I'll protect you) and I had to explain that it wasn't anything in particular just the feeling of anxiety and dread that washes over every so often and this wasn't even a bad one! He's amused with the forgetfulness stating "this peri thing can be FUN!" (of course I'll throw it back if he does something like that!! LOL) The weepies...hmm... I've always been sensitive BUT when something like an innocent commercial can set me off blubbering (and you all know what I mean!) he does understand and he will let me do what I need and if I need to be held he's there too. When I've gotten a bit snippy and later apologize he very nicely says "You weren't snippy at all", he is a keeper and I DID wait a long time for him and if anything ever happened I wouldn't bother trying again.

Hugs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Sun May 06, 2007 11:51 am

I can't imagine if we all got together (like on a Minnie Pauz Cruise?) because MY problem is when I see someone ELSE cry! ANYONE else....commercials, soap operas, neighbors....talk shows. If it's sincere, I cry with them! We'd be a happy bunch for sure!! hahahaha.... :cry:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Mon May 07, 2007 6:07 am

hmmm...maybe Kleenex could sponsor part of the cruise???? Just a thought.
Hugs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause