Is this the menopause or depression?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Is this the menopause or depression?

Postby damselindisdress » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:49 am

I'm seeing my GP tomorrow, so hopefully can get sorted, but just thought I'd ask for some advice here.

I'm having quite severe night sweats, which make me think I'm beginning the menopause.
However other symptoms I'm suffering could point to depression, which I've suffered from periodically over the years.

Concentration is all over the place, short term memory is shot to bits, I have no motivation for anything.
All I want to do is sit in my home and "disappear".

I don't have any energy or get up and go, don't want to interact with anyone and feel generally down.

Could anyone decipher all this for me?
Menopause or depression?
Or possibly a combination of both?

Sheesh, isn't getting older such a joy...
damselindisdress

Postby colopam » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:56 am

Damsel
Try to take the list of 35 symptoms, check the ones that apply to you alog with frequency and duration and take it with you to the doc, he might not ask some questions and you might not think to tell some details, this way alot is on the tale and you just might not get the "why you're too young for peri etc....."
Feeling depress and generally down can fall into one of the symptoms and can be helped by various means from exercise to some form of HRT, some assistance from drugs or meditation too. Good luck with your visit.

Hugd Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause