Heavy heavy bleeding - anyone taken Norethisterone?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

I'm on Norethisdrone (sp)

Postby Marcia Linden » Fri May 18, 2007 12:51 am

It is fantastic. Spent last year with periods lasting 2 mo. Everything from spotting to clots and floods. Was on Climara pro, estrogen/progest combo. Felt horrible, hot flashes, mood swings, depession, nitesweats, isominia and periods from hell while on it. Taken off it, had ultrasounds, D&C, two months of worse hell off hormones and STILL bleeding. Back on hormones and still bleeding. Was getting desparate. Did not want hysterecomy. Finally was put on Norethisdrone. Periods stopped immediately. Haven't even spotted since Sept. Threw away pads & tampons, feel free finally. No hot flashes, nitesweats, insomnia, moodswings or rages. On a combo called Activella and feel great. should have been on it a year earlier. I am 51 and will stay on it for a few years. Use them to get through a rough part of life if you need them. Wean yourself off in a few years when body settles down. I never want to go back to the hell I was in before I went on them. FYI, I am dental hygienist and go over medical histories all day. Only found one patient on Activella. She told me same story as mine, was in menepause hell and no relief. She told her female MD that she wanted to take what SHE was on....Put her on Activella. DOn't know why it isn't prescribed more. :lol:
Marcia RDH
Marcia Linden

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause