Is it perimenopause/menopause or something sinister?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Is it perimenopause/menopause or something sinister?

Postby Rosepurple » Wed May 16, 2007 11:40 pm

Hi, haven't had a period since late March 07 (I have just turned 45 yrs), and last month (April) I got my first hot flash. Now I seem to be getting flashes through the day and night....AND at night I sometimes get chills as well and I freeze, until another hot flash comes and then I alternate between hot and cold.

But the other thing I noticed was that if I drink so much as a sip of wine my face burns up and I get a very sensitive skin sensation around my cheeks. I was never a drinker in the past, but I did enjoy the occassional glass of red every now and then; now I cannot even take a sip.

Is this menopause or some horrid disease like Hodgkin's or some tumor? I obviously want to make sure that this is either peri or menopause coming up.

Please help, will appreciate any advise. Thank you! :cry:
Rosepurple

Postby psexypsychic » Thu May 17, 2007 5:04 am

Hi. Sounds like typical hot flashes to me (but I'm only an expert in my own hot flashes).

I'm not a drinker either- I drink so rarely that a good dose of Nyquil still buzzes me out. When I was visiting Brisbane, I was introduced to CS Cowboys- I noticed that flushed-cheek thing in myself then (it was two years ago). I thought it was just the alcohol, as I don't drink often, but while on holiday, I drank much more than normal.

The 35 symptoms.

My hot flashes are like what you described- the hot flash, followed by a cold, clammy time, only to rev up into the flash again.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Re: Is it perimenopause/menopause or something sinister?

Postby hotpatootie » Thu May 17, 2007 7:13 am

Rosepurple wrote:Hi, haven't had a period since late March 07 (I have just turned 45 yrs), and last month (April) I got my first hot flash. Now I seem to be getting flashes through the day and night....AND at night I sometimes get chills as well and I freeze, until another hot flash comes and then I alternate between hot and cold.

But the other thing I noticed was that if I drink so much as a sip of wine my face burns up and I get a very sensitive skin sensation around my cheeks. I was never a drinker in the past, but I did enjoy the occassional glass of red every now and then; now I cannot even take a sip.

Is this menopause or some horrid disease like Hodgkin's or some tumor? I obviously want to make sure that this is either peri or menopause coming up.

Please help, will appreciate any advise. Thank you! :cry:
Hello and Welcome to The Wonderful World of Peri.

I remember when I first started having those symptoms, I'd even take my temperature sometimes :roll: I thought I had malaria or something. The first few hot flashes happened in my truck and I thought something was wrong with the heater.

It is a good thing you found this web site, all will be revealed.

Once I knew why I was going crazy I just rolled with the punches, I finally had a real reason for my crazy behaviour. :P

Here is a helpful tip, when you feel like the urge to kill your husband start welling up inside of you, go for a drive, alone. :lol:

Finding other women to talk and laugh with helps more than anything else.
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby Rosepurple » Thu May 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Thank you for your replies. I can't say I'm looking forward to going through the menopause, unless it's one without too many symptoms.

I have yet to have this confirmed (about being in perimenopause), but if I am I will try natural progesterone cream, which I have heard is very good. I've been reading a book by Dr John R Lee "What your doctor may NOT tell you about menopause". Excellent read and full of good advise.

Cheers, Rosepurple
Rosepurple

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause