night sweat idea

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Postby aprilcline » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:07 pm

I totally forgot about the chillow...that is an excellent idea!!
aprilcline
Hot Pauzer

Postby colopam » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:27 am

Joyce
Came up with another idea today....in my massage practice (since I didn't have a hydroculator for hot packs) I'd use a kind of rice bag (a big sock will do or a "tube" of cloth...I've used this alot for cramps or just when I'm cold (put it in the microwave for 3 minutes, stays warm for a nice time)...but today I put it in the freezer for awhile and them put it around my neck (by the carotids) and it REALLY cooled me down..stayed COLD for a nice time then cool for quite awhile...NICE and now dual purpose! AND cheap! (just don't get 'em wet)
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby jinok » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:46 am

that is a great idea Pam. You could probably make them with buckwheat too. I don't know where you get that tho.

My hot flashes have stopped. I haven't had any for a couple weeks. I've had terrible pms tho. At one point I think my head spun around like Linda Blair's in the Exorcist. lol My poor husband. I don't know which is worse.

Joyce
I'm not young enough to know everything.
Joyce
born 1955. peri since April? 2006
jinok

Postby colopam » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:12 am

Joyce
I had a wonderful buckwheat pillow (I've had 2 bad whiplashes and a change of pillows helps sometimes) but my DSD did something with it and I haven't seen it in over a year. I think you could probably get buckwheat from a healthfood or new age store. I was having a migraine yesterday and the cold REALLY helped....didn't connect the dots that this signaled my TOM....more hormonal fluctuations as this is a week early! (first big shift as far as cycling goes) oh well.

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby jinok » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:54 am

I'll have to check the health food store and see if they have buckwheat. good idea.

sorry to hear about the migraine. I consider myself very fortunate not to get them cuz I know how horrible they are. I have a friend that gets them and my sister has fibromyalgia and gets awful non-migraine headaches, I'll tell them them of your success with the cold pillow. thanks. hope yours is better now. It's so weird all that our roller coaster hormones can do to us.
I'm not young enough to know everything.
Joyce
born 1955. peri since April? 2006
jinok

Postby psexypsychic » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:08 pm

The new age shop where I work sells those little pillows...

I'm totally getting myself one now!

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause