tingling??

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

tingling??

Postby KayB » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:39 pm

I have been experiencing tingling on the side of my face, very slight sometimes I don't notice... Sometimes I feel it in my hands, foot, etc... And last night I had a whopper of a "cold sweat" as I call it--something that I experienced all three times I gave birth and was home from the hospital the first week. I wake up cold and shivering, NOT sweating, and then afterwards, when I have to pile blankets on me to get warm, then I get sweaty. So far no night sweats...

I've passed no less than 5 in-office neuro exams since February with flying colors.. Due to some ear problems I'm having, I'll be getting an MRI next week.. Hoping that will give answers as I don't want to assume it's "only a peri symptom" though it very well could be.

I tried doing a search and didn't see any specific posts related to tingling, maybe I didn't enter accurate search criteria.

It seems like if it isn't one thing it's another... One thing I am doing is starting zoloft to see how that works.. The anxiety levels definitely went up when I began peri about 4 yrs ago and I decided it was about time I stopped denying it and do something more proactive.
KayB
Combustible

Postby mgr » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:40 am

Hi, I know where you a coming from. I did have a prior post on tingling. I had it terrible in my hands, feet, legs, face and the scalp of my head. I am going through peri but also I have hypothyroidism, both of which will cause these symptoms. I am now taking Alesse, a low dose birth control pill, along with paxil 10 mg, for the anxiety. The alesse plus my thyroid meds relieved the tingling. I went through all kinds of tests thinking I must have some sort of nerve damange or disease, all of which came back fine. I also suffered with the night sweats, still do sometimes, but everything has gotten alot better.
Hope things improve for you.
mgr
Hot Pauzer

Postby KayB » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:03 pm

I am amazed at the #'s of women my age give or take who are taking a prescription medication for anxiety.. When I was prescribed my zoloft the other day, the provider told me "you are not alone believe me"... So hopefully this will help too..

Tingling is much better today, seems to be cyclic. I also wonder if it has something to do with the ear problems I've been having... Sometimes it all seems so complicated.
KayB
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause