Depression: I hate this!!!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Depression: I hate this!!!

Postby aprilcline » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:07 pm

Why oh why must I suffer so with depression ONCE a Friggin month and be such a B*tch?????? I hate myself when I do this but I'm like a train out of control - there is no stopping me. Oh and let's not forget how much I beat the crap out of myself emotionally. Geez you'd think I was an axe murderer or something the way I hate myself right now. I hate this I hate this I hate this. Every single friggin month I go through this and I swear it's gonna be better and it's NOT. Can't take drugs so don't respond with that please. I have arguments, angry outburst, TEARS of course, isolation - and geez it's father's day weekend and my father died 2 yrs ago so it's not like I wanna party....but everyone else does. I could care less. I wish so badly that I could just be even keel ALL THE TIME no matter what my hormones are doing to me. The only good news is that I know in about 3 days I will be normal again. Light at the end of the tunnel and it ain't an oncoming train. :roll:
aprilcline
Hot Pauzer

Postby colopam » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:05 pm

April

First of all try to be a little gentler on yourself, it's not your choice to have the hormones throwing a party at your expense. I too have had my ups and downs but a couple of cycles ago things went bonkers...the just generalized anger...the weepies for no reason...the anxiety attacks were just more that I could handle. I made a Dr.'s appt. and we had a nice long discussion (she's a year older than myself and goin thru the same stuff so it's nice to have someone who's there with me) anyway a year or two ago she prescribed Lexapro (for some drpression I was going thru) and a sleeping pill (due to some REALLY horrible insomnia). I took the Lexapro for a bit then stopped, then felt like the depression was under control and never did fill the sleeping aid as I pretty much took charge of that (job change and blackout curtains!!LOL)...I didn't even think of the Lexapro for the anxiety etc but she encouraged me to try them again and it's been 1 cycle and I can REALLY tell a difference...no weepies...no lashing out. I did have a couple of nites of insomnia from it (a minor side effect) but have been great since. I do find that I have a "thirsty" taste in my mouth from them but drinking liquids and sugarfree gum help that. She and I really came up with a plan "just in case" for the future and after having just a bit of my quality of life damaged I have decided that I'll go as far as I can w/o help then I won't hesitate....I wish I were one of the ones that was easing into this phase and to a great degree I am but I figure they aren't giving out any medals for toughing it out and as long as my doc and I can communicate and go with the least of any outside help then so be it...my well-being as well as my DH's is of the utmost importance. Just thought I'd share as you're well-being is being soooo affected...my heart goes out to you. Think about a frank discussion with your Dr. and keep checking back in here...we care!! :hug2:

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause