Getting pg while peri menopausal

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Getting pg while peri menopausal

Postby javajane3 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:05 pm

I know most women in this stage probably aren't trying but I am only going to be 40 and we have decided to try for one more.

Has anyone gotten pg while peri or pre-menopausal. I see my OBGYN Wednesday because she wants to test me for Premature ovarian failure which I hope it isn't. I also wonder if you do get pg do the menopausal symptoms stop during pregnanacy? I sure hope so!!!! :D
javajane3

Postby colopam » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:16 pm

My SIL just called 2 weeks ago...she's peri and was going in for a hyst (due to endometriosis)...well she didn't feel well the weekend before so a neice got her a PG test and sure enuff she's pregnant!!! 40 y/o and just had a boy graduate from high school and another in his second year of high school...they'd wanted another baby and had a miscarriage a couple of years ago so we've all got our fingers crossed and lots of prayers soooo the answer would be yes!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby javajane3 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:12 pm

Thanks! I did visit my obgyn and she ordered some bloodwork but also said there is no reason I shouldn't try to get pg. Wish us luck!!! :D
javajane3

Postby minniepauz » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:32 pm

That's great news, javajane!! So glad your doc said "go ahead"!! :) I just read an article this morning about someone who waited on purpose to have a child at 40. She felt like she had done what she wanted to and now would be a great Mom!

We'll all be rooting for you!! hahahah....good thing you and hubby won't hear us... :oops: Might be a little distracting!

95% of us here will be saying "thank goodness I'm NOT pg"!!! :)
We'll be happy to be cyber-grandmas, ok?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby colopam » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:46 pm

My DH would just LOOOVE it if I came up PG...we didn't have kids of our own (only married 6 yr ago) and I sometimes think it would be nice and other times I'm ready to just be a gma to my stepdaughters baby.

Good Luck!!!

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby Seawind36 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:41 pm

My DH would be in absolute heaven! He has never had any children and he has always wanted them. I would be happy, but not nearly as thrilled as he would! LOL Sometimes I think I don't want to do that again, but most of the time I would - in a heartbeat! If it happens, we'll be happy, if not, we'll just enjoy my grandchildren!!!

Good luck, javajane! I hope it happens for you!
Robin, the certifiable granny
Peri since 2002
Seawind36
Warm Pauzer

Postby psexypsychic » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:37 am

We have three kids. Our youngest will be 14 on Friday. Our oldest just graduated from high school. (Those are the girls, we have a son in the middle- he's 15 1/2).

If I turned up pregnant, not only would I have A LOT of explaining to do (the husband had a vasectomy 13 years ago), I'd be seriously freaking out. There is no way I could take having a baby now. I have such pain issues in general that I'm not even sure I could carry a baby (pregnancy or otherwise).

I'm not too fond of kids in general- I love mine, but I can barely tolerate being around other people's kids. And every time I see a baby, I think, "I'm so glad I'm done with baby stuff!"

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause