mixing up words

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

mixing up words

Postby eclecticnece » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:48 pm

I am in perimenopause and have been having trouble with words. I think the word I need and something totally different comes out of my mouth! This happens when writing too. I also mix up beginning letters like spork and foon. Is this part of perimenopause or do I need to see a doctor about a brain problem?
eclecticnece

Postby psexypsychic » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:54 pm

I do it too- I just blamed it on the lack of sleep in relation to my perimenopause.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

mixing up words

Postby eclecticnece » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:57 pm

Oh, thank you for letting me know I am not alone. I am actually crying because I thought I was have serious brain problems. Don't we just love these wonderful, emotional days? :?
eclecticnece

Re: mixing up words

Postby hotpatootie » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:11 pm

eclecticnece wrote:Oh, thank you for letting me know I am not alone. I am actually crying because I thought I was have serious brain problems. Don't we just love these wonderful, emotional days? :?
I was having major brain problems like that and it turned out my thyroid gland quit working. I am on meds now of course for it, but I still have some brain fog problems anyway. :roll: At age 55 who doesn't.lol
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:53 pm

EL

yep I find I do that sometimes too :hmm: ..mostly under stress or overly tired and sometimes it can be funny but it's more often frustrating. Oh well!! This too shall pass (hopefully) but at least it helps me keep my sense of humor!! :tornado:

Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby hotpatootie » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:06 pm

I couldn't make it through the day with out post-it notes. :D
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Postby psexypsychic » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:04 am

I've been hypo-thyroid since I was 18 (22 years) and I never even thought the thyroid issue was connected to the forgetful/mixed-up stuff. (duh, me!).

And yes, Post-it notes have become a theme... and sometimes, when I'm out, I end up with scrap pieces of paper taped to my computer monitor. A friend of mine who is a computer tech at work said, "You should really switch to a 'paperless system' to be more efficient!"

I left myself a post-it to kick him in the shin the next time I see him. ;)
:D

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

mixed up words

Postby eclecticnece » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:52 am

Thanks everyone, you've really helped me a lot. I, too, am hypothyroid (since 15). We have had the thyroid under control for the last few months with a combo of T3 and T4 (not just T4) supplements but I am due to have it checked next week. Maybe that will be the problem and an increase will help. Otherwise - I will grit my teeth and keep smiling :) . Thanks again.
eclecticnece

Postby hotpatootie » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:54 am

psexypsychic wrote:I've been hypo-thyroid since I was 18 (22 years) and I never even thought the thyroid issue was connected to the forgetful/mixed-up stuff. (duh, me!).

And yes, Post-it notes have become a theme... and sometimes, when I'm out, I end up with scrap pieces of paper taped to my computer monitor. A friend of mine who is a computer tech at work said, "You should really switch to a 'paperless system' to be more efficient!"

I left myself a post-it to kick him in the shin the next time I see him. ;)
When I was first hypo-thyroid, and I was 'dangerously out of whack' the Doc said, I truly thought I was getting Alzheimers, I was very scared, I was 49 and I can remember just thinking the end is near. Your thyoid is like your bodies battery and when it quits working it effects your entire system, it was also causing me to have problems with my periods, so that along with the peri-meno was an awful combination.

But I am ok now, what were we talking about.lol

Haha paperless system, my short term memory is ziltch. It's just not us meno women either, my H, who is 58, he has a heck of a time remembering things as well. I think alot of his problem is he never pays any attention to what I tell him. :roll:
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Yay - I'm not going crazy

Postby Peggi » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:32 pm

Wow! I was speaking with a friend this week about my bad memory (fairly new to me), and my problems focusing, etc - and she suggested perhaps I have a vitamin imbalance or something. Then I got the Minnie Pauz newsletter - and the light bulb went on. Sure enough - I got the symptoms! And having read this thread, I now know that I'm not alone. Thank you so much just for being here!

Peggi

Postby colopam » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:57 am

Psexy
my going "paperless" means that I've lost my notebook/clipboard somewhere (of course with the notice on the front to return to me if found!! LOL)

Hugs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Re: Yay - I'm not going crazy

Postby minniepauz » Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:51 pm

Peggi wrote:Wow! I was speaking with a friend this week about my bad memory (fairly new to me), and my problems focusing, etc - and she suggested perhaps I have a vitamin imbalance or something. Then I got the Minnie Pauz newsletter - and the light bulb went on. Sure enough - I got the symptoms! And having read this thread, I now know that I'm not alone. Thank you so much just for being here!

Welcome Peggi....it warms my heart to know that my newsletter has drawn you in for some support and comfort! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:06 am

My brain, too, has started to wilt and I liken it to a Swiss cheese where all the useful information has fallen out of the holes.

I'm at my wit's end here as Mr. GorgeousFluffpot and I are selling up and moving abroad to France where we intend to spend the rest of our days. So it's not just a normal house move (where I would be running around like a headless chicken with post-it notes attached to my forehead!) but it's also a total lifestyle change with the different bureaucracies, language, currency ..... I daren't even start to think otherwise I end up on the floor curled in the foetal position snivelling and gibbering away ...

Anyway dear ladies, if you think you have stress then please know that my stress level has gone through the roof in the midst of all this packing, sorting, de-cluttering (I throw it out, Mr. GF takes it back in 'just in case', I throw it out again, Mr. GF hides it ...) organising, letterwriting, phone-permanently-glued-to-my-ear, etc.

Oh, and I'm doing all the work as Mr. GF casually mows the lawn at his leisure, and comes back into the house where several dozen removal boxes have, miraculously, appeared to pack themselves. He says "I don't know why you're getting all worked up, this move is all going along easily" and I have to restrain myself from braining him with the packing-tape gun since I - and you ladies - know that the ONLY reason it's going along well is because I am running ragged in ever-decreasing circles sorting it all out and attending to all the nittygritty detail.

So post-it notes and notepads and lists are ESSENTIAL at this moment - if only I could remember where I'd put them!
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby colopam » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:26 am

Gorgeous

Man I thought I had it hard when I did all the packing to move from TN to FL! (as DH was down here training!) I'd be tempted to just have a big garage sale and give the rest to charity and start over!! LOl in theory that sound good but I know better.

I probably shouldn't tell you this but my DH and his first had all their belongings sunk at the dock when they moved from Greece back to the states. The soldier that had to tell him was shaking in his boots (Dh overheard them as he was coming into the office)....not as bad as it sounds or they thought tho as the ship had only sunk a bit and their belongings were higher up.

Same trip, the security people had to keep opening up the crates as they thought they'd heard something alive time and again...turned out to be their infant daughters talking.
bear...kept making sounds when moved!!!
Good luck with the move...have a nice glass of wine and remember since you're packing only you'll know where the heck stuff is!!!! He'll regret THAT later!! LOL

HUgs Pam
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:55 pm

ha ha, that made me laugh. Yes I can take a quiet revenge in selective packing. What will it cost him for me to tell him where I've packed his Ipod, or where his shaving kit is? Tee hee I could have some fun with that.

Oooooh I am slightly fuming since a house viewing appointment wasn't kept. Stayed in all day, hoover on overdrive and dusting away, for these people to turn up and ...... nothing. Half an hour later I called the estate agent who tried to ring them and got nothing on their mobile phones; however he did say that they were expecting a baby "any day now" so perhaps they'd had an emergency dash to the hospital for the birth. Hmmmmm, guess I ought to forgive that as exceptional circumstances for not keeping an appointment!!

The idea of a glass of wine gets more appealing through the day. I reckon I deserve one, so shall go to the fridge and pour myself a cool glass and sit and chill out. Cheers, ladies !
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Next

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause