mixing up words

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Postby minniepauz » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:24 pm

Yikes...be careful! Wine can bring on hot flashes! :oops:

I hope you sell your house quickly and get settled in France because then I'll have someone to visit over there! One of the few places I've never been...well, never been to England either. After seeing Michael Moore's "Sicko" and seeing how many Americans are actually living in France, it's been on my mind lately.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby psexypsychic » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:07 pm

If I move anywhere, it'll be Australia. :D

My day-to-day life is nothing but stress, mostly brought on by the disabled husband (for those who don't know, he had a stroke when he was 28- 12 years ago). Sometimes he behaves like a stubborn child, other times, during his assinine attitude he remembers he's an adult and demands to do things even though they're childish or stupid.

I look forward to going to my little part-time job. Its a delightful break from stress-house.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:08 am

my sympathy, psexypsychic, I know that's hard work and I understand the need to get away from it all.

Australia would have been my first choice - went there two years ago and loved it - but there's an age limit of 45, would you believe, unless you have exceptional skills that they need, surgeons, etc. So that's me and Mr. GorgeousFluffpot out of the running because I can't even cut a slice of ham in a straight line ...

Yep, there's a lot of Americans in France funnily enough, to hear them speak French is so funny with an American accent!! However, speaking it with an English accent often reduces the French to helpless laughter.

I have to tell you, I speak it fairly well but do get my words mixed up. I tried to tell someone that we had a polecat in our loft but confused the word - therefore asking a bemused French farmer if I could borrow his animal trap since we had a prostitute in the loft!

Telling someone that their puppy (un chiot) was adorable ... you don't pronounce the final 't'. I did pronounce it and gave an entirely different meaning, and told someone that they had an adorably sweet little sh*t !!!!

well I must get back to packing and clearing since we have another viewer coming to see the house today. I haven't vacuumed or dusted this much in years !!
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:55 am

That's such a riot about mixing up the french words!! :)

And I never knew about the age limit in Australia! Wow!! Guess they don't want a country full of retirees, huh?
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause