Am I going crazy or just headed for menopause??

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Am I going crazy or just headed for menopause??

Postby bac830 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:06 am

Hello,

I am new here and I am so glad to have found all of you. I am almost 42 years old. I have been taking Provera for 3 years now to combat heavy periods and to regulate them. I have not been told by my doctor that my hormone levels have changed, but I am experiencing hot flashes :oops: and itching that is so severe, I feel like I am going crazy! Is severe itching of the area around the vagina a normal occurance? Does anyone have a suggestion for relief? :?

I do not know what a full nights sleep is any longer. Anything over 2 hours at a time would be great!

I would love to here from anyone that can give me suggestions to relieve a little or a lot of these issues.

Thank you and have a good day!
bac830

Postby colopam » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:28 pm

B

have you tried the OTC stuff for feminine itching? But first have you been checked for a yeast infection? (those are miserable!) Be sure to take the list of 35 symptoms to your Dr. and call the scheduler to let them know you want to be able to talk about hormonal concerns with your Dr. that way they can allot time (mine actually took 45 min with me!!!). Check out the rest of the posts and the site!! some great info! Keep us informed on how things go
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Thank you

Postby bac830 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:07 pm

Hi Pam,

Thank you for the idea about scheduling in the time to discuss things with my doctor. Great idea! :)

B
bac830

Postby hotpatootie » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:13 pm

Welcome, yes you are going crazy, but you have a valid reason.
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause