Testing hormone levels....

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Testing hormone levels....

Postby minniepauz » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:32 pm

I'm going to put this here because many women want to get tested and many women do get tested and it gets confusing about which tests work and which ones don't. I've seen Dr. Judy say that saliva testing is not reliable and I just found this explaination of why:

"Women need to be much more skeptical of what is suggested to them,” Wingert says. “Saliva actually breaks down estrogen in the mouth. So there is no way a company can mimic the estrogen flowing through your body through a small saliva sample. It just wouldn’t be accurate.”

I'm going to try to start gathering FACTS like that so women will know what to believe. This was the topic in an article I read about all the companies who are trying to market these tests and products to women. It's so confusing and we have to try to be a source that women can rely on...at least that's what I'm trying to do.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby assured » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:18 am

Thanks for this info. I was, unfortunately, one of those women who was lured into getting the saliva testing done. Now I'm left more confused...

Resting
assured

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause