Anyone watch The Closer on TNT?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Anyone watch The Closer on TNT?

Postby minniepauz » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:30 am

I've never seen it, but evidently the main character was diagnosed peri-menopausal. :)

Brenda’s medical mystery is solved! Her fever, discomfort, and general apoplexy of the past few weeks had nothing to do with an unplanned Closer in the oven. As kindly gyno S. Epatha Merkerson advises Brenda and her viewers, our inquisitive patient is undergoing early-onset menopause.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Finally

Postby ruz » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:00 pm

:D I'm a big fan of the Closer. I love the Brenda charater--she's complicated, just like a real person.

I was on a work-related road trip when I saw the last episode. When the kindly doctor told Brenda she's in early menopause, I literally stood up in my hotel room and cheered. Finally, a wonderful, bright, funny TV heroine "of a certain age" who's going through what so many of us are. I laughted out loud when Fritz proposes (right after the doctor delivers the diagnosis) and Brenda says, "You don't want to marry me. I'm going to be old and wrinkled and retain water . . . " Now, if she adds adult-onset acne, itchy skin, achy joints and a tendency towards forgetfullness, she'll truly be my soul sister.
ruz

Postby minniepauz » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:22 pm

WElcome ruz! My first thought was yea! they're finally including meopause in the shows! This just shows how prominent it is these days. This gives us POWER girls!! They're starting to realize we're here and we're not going away!! hahahahah...evil laugh!! :evil:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby psexypsychic » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:19 am

I don't watch the show- I can't get past Kyra's fake and mostly annoying Southern accent. But it IS good to hear they've "afflicted" a TV character with something "normal".

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause