Ya Think?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Ya Think?

Postby Mochanet » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:52 pm

Hello all,
I posted a while back haven't been back until now. Well I think I have finally arrived. I turned 54 last week. I think I am in the throes of peri or meno. I started with a personal trainer and I am doing great. I am losing weight and can now run a mile and not die. My abs started to firm from the ever present flubber and I now have some muscles. However, I woke up the other morning 4 lbs heavier, stomach hard and poked out and spotting. Oh and lets not forget the radiating heat about the head and neck and full blown CRS (Can't Remember Sh%^t).
I was menstruating like clock work until last month. I had a horrid thought. OMG me the childless is with child!! I ran to the local pharmacy and bought the EPT thingy. What occurred to me after and the CRS had blocked was that you have to have had sex to be with child. Since I have CRS I can't remember the last time. Needless to say the test was negative.
I think it has started. Ya think?
Anticipate the Good so That You May Enjoy It.
Mochanet

Postby minniepauz » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:20 pm

Oh yes, I would say it has begun! :) Well, you're in safe hands here and even though you will have to discover the best way for you to get through it for yourself, we will be here to support and comfort you and encourage you that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. :hug2: What also will help is reading the experiences of so many other women....it reassures you that what you're going through is normal (and even if there's something that seems abnormal...someone will say something)

Take a deep breath and let it out with relief because you're in a great place! Congratulations! :read:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Re: Ya Think?

Postby hotpatootie » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:27 pm

Mochanet wrote:Hello all,
I posted a while back haven't been back until now. Well I think I have finally arrived. I turned 54 last week. I think I am in the throes of peri or meno. I started with a personal trainer and I am doing great. I am losing weight and can now run a mile and not die. My abs started to firm from the ever present flubber and I now have some muscles. However, I woke up the other morning 4 lbs heavier, stomach hard and poked out and spotting. Oh and lets not forget the radiating heat about the head and neck and full blown CRS (Can't Remember Sh%^t).
I was menstruating like clock work until last month. I had a horrid thought. OMG me the childless is with child!! I ran to the local pharmacy and bought the EPT thingy. What occurred to me after and the CRS had blocked was that you have to have had sex to be with child. Since I have CRS I can't remember the last time. Needless to say the test was negative.
Hi, welcome to the wacky world of peri-menopause.
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Re: Ya Think?

Postby Bevy1958 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:53 am

OMG!!! :lol: Thank you so much for that! I am sitting here with tears pouring down my face and my sides hurt like hell 'cause I'm laughing so hard! The best way to start the day is with a good old belly laugh...so long as I don't pee myself :roll:

Mochanet wrote:Hello all,
makin snow angels with just shorts and a T-shirt on...that cools me down!!!
Born 1958...been peri since about my late 30's
Bevy1958
Combustible

Postby hotpatootie » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:53 pm

Glad to be of help. You are going to make it if you keep that up.

It is bad enough, but I always figure we have two choices, to find the humor in all of the absurd things going on with our bodies, or laugh about it.

Of course that is what Minnie Pauz is all about.

We need to dwell on the funny.
hotpatootie
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause