Crazy discharge

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Crazy discharge

Postby Kimber » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:50 am

I know this may be a wee bit graphic, so I do apologize :oops: but does anyone experience the clear discharge you would normally have when you ovulate and not experience a period? I've had the extremely sore and lumpy breasts(had a mammo Moday and still no results grrr) for weeks and for the past 3 days the wacky discharge, but so far no period. This is all so confusing :?
Kimber

Postby minniepauz » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:43 pm

If the discharge continues, I would recommend that you see your doctor just to make sure everything is ok. I did find this response from a doctor about what sounds like the same thing:

The best way to know what a discharge is due to is to see your gynecologist and have him or her look at a sample under a microscope and take a culture and see what the cause is due to.

A clear discharge can be normal in and around the menopause and can be due to low estrogen levels. That is called atrophic vaginitis. It can also be due to infection.

You can try an over the counter medication called Replens. It is usually used daily for one week then twice per week to see if this helps. However, seeing your doctor first is the best bet.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Kimber » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:06 pm

Thank you so much for the info. I had a check-up last Tuesday and a pap and she said everything looked good, but I will definitely give the clinic a call and ask her about coming in and getting it checked out. I do not want to take any chances.

I think this pretty much sums up how I'm feeling and most of my symptoms. perhaps I have too much estrogen?

http://www.cemcor.ubc.ca/articles/misc/ ... nale.shtml
Kimber

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause