Itchy Boobs

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Itchy Boobs

Postby danmia » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:08 pm

One really annoying thing I am going through is itching, now it ranges from anywhere to everywhere, I have allergies anyway so it's often hard to distinguish what is what. But the one that really gets me most is itching under my breasts it drives me insane, of course when it's hot or when I'm hot (most of the time) it's unbearable. I've tried, cold compresses, creams, you name it, but still it itches and itches. Also at night I itch absolutely everywhere and down there hehehe. Anyway hope everyone is doing well, I'm just getting over a bout of strong symptoms so hoping for a few weeks of rest from it until the next onslaught.
Right I'm done, back to work :)
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:53 am

Danmia, with psoriasis, I've had to deal with this also (under the breasts and the only thing that helps is Desitin (for babies butts).
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby danmia » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:13 pm

I will try that, I have been awake all night itching its driving me crazy, cold showers help a bit :(
Thanks Dee
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Re: Itchy Boobs

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:54 pm

danmia wrote:One really annoying thing I am going through is itching, now it ranges from anywhere to everywhere, I have allergies anyway so it's often hard to distinguish what is what. But the one that really gets me most is itching under my breasts it drives me insane, of course when it's hot or when I'm hot (most of the time) it's unbearable. I've tried, cold compresses, creams, you name it, but still it itches and itches.

I get that, mainly in heat, as they are heavy.

I use Femfresh powder under there - don't know if you can get it in the States.

Also at night I itch absolutely everywhere and down there hehehe.
I use Femfresh there, too (which it is made for).

It's mainly because of heat, but, also, through washing...I guess the skin is getting thinner and more sensitive :(

Femfresh http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk/products ... fresh.html

oh, by the way, after baths and showers, I stand in front of my large fan (hehehe not my husband) like in Dee's cartoon where the lady is holding her dressing gown open, and let the cold air dry under my breasts completely, and also lower down...I have to adjust the fan to blow on there, and my body :D ...sounds weird, but I couldn't dress while still feeling clammy.

also, don't have the underband of the bra too tight...unfortunately the rubber in it may be needed, or it would keep riding up, but if we can manage with just cotton underbands to bras it would be better, I'm sure (I have one or two like that,....I sometimes wear them at night as it can be uncomfortable turning in bed if my breasts aren't supported and are feeling sensitive and heavy).
Last edited by Seventeen_At_Heart on Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby danmia » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:59 pm

Thank you for the tip, the fan works great another wonderful improvisation from a great peri lady
:)
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:34 pm

Ok, this is not a pretty picture, but here's what I do.....close the curtains, get rid of your top and bra, sit in front of the computer and go to this page: http://www.minniepauz.com/cooldown1.html

Be sure to turn it on high for best results. :) And don't drink any liquids before following these directions or you will pee on yourself!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby danmia » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:55 pm

Perfect :) where would I be without this site :)
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:56 pm

:D trouble is, when you're lifting your boobs up to get the air underneath (any whose boobs are naturally lifted, don't dare reply! :evil: ), then how do you have free hands to type? :lol: :D

hehehe, being stupid now...an uplifting video...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bJSsSzgY71w

(one of my favourite songs actually)
Born 1959
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby jennykerty » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:05 pm

Just a note about powder down there:

A prominent local oncologist gave a list of things to avoid if you want to keep your chance of ovarian cancer low. One was never to use powder down there.

I guess the particles can work their way up thru, to your ovaries. I remember his statement scared me a bit, because I used to do that when I was younger.

Jenny
jennykerty
Warm Pauzer

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:35 pm

I think it's talcum powder that is discouraged.
This is powder particularly designed for 'feminine' use (made with corn starch I think)
I would add that it's not used inside your labia, or internally, only in the outer creases e.g. where inner thigh meets etc, to prevent rubbing of underwear etc
Born 1959
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause