Don't know what to take....

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Don't know what to take....

Postby AMO66 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:01 pm

I have hot flashes and night sweats bad. I also have a nonexistant sex drive. Very moody and hot tempered. But I always have been moody and hot tempered so not sure about that one. I have tried soy milk but it isn't any help. I can see I am going to need more serious help.
I am confused about what my options are for all these problems. I would love a one pill cures all.LOL I have read that a low dose birth control pill might help. I had a tubal ligation 15 years ago. I am 41 and started having hot flashes when I was 38. The last month I started having hot flashes during the day. Any advice would be great.
Also I need to know what tests to ask the doctor to do. I don't know what needs to be checked for menopause. I have an appointment on Monday.
Alice
AMO66

Postby parts2you » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:21 pm

well,i dont know if it will help you,but it might be worth a try. i just started some natural progesterone creme....and within a week,i have seen a difference in my symptoms which were alittle different from yours. you may need estrogen,rather than progesterone....refer to dr linda's discussion and you will find my post and her quite accurate answer there! till ya get a response....i know how frustrating this stuff is while you are waiting for an answer! i find if i have hope in something that i read on here,that in itself makes me feel at least alittle more at ease.
parts2you
One HOT Woman!

Postby debz » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:40 am

Hi Alice, I was constantly feeling moody, low, irritable, cry for no reason, angry, etc... and on this forum I read about a natural product "Black Cohosh". I thought I'd give it ago about 2 months ago (500mg - 1 tablet a day) and it seemed to take affect straight away! I have felt 'normal' every day. I can hardly believe it after years of feeling so out of control. Now, this is only my recommendation, may not work for everyone, but I have been more than thrilled with the results. :D I don't get hot flashes but apparently it is good for controlling them too (?). There's also particular products on the market which have black cohosh as one of their many ingredients. Hope this helps. :rofl:
Deb - DOB:1960/peri since 2004
debz

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause