Flushed feelings, feeling awful this morning!

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Flushed feelings, feeling awful this morning!

Postby ladydebubba » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:15 am

I feel awful this morning. Got up and within about 10 minutes I started feeling very flushed on my upper body, especially around my neck area. My breasts have been awfully sore for two weeks now. Have not been drinking coffee or any caffeine soft drinks, other than a can of Lipton tea and one cup of coffee two days ago. Have had headaches for two weeks, more on than off. Sinuses/and or allergies have been a mess. Ears hurting, etc. Having awful heartburn all of a sudden, hit me yesterday evening. Gas building up again in my upper gut. That is probably why the discomfort below my breastbone. Not to mention, my hands have been very cold all morning to the touch. They are like ice cubes. What gives? Don't know for sure when my period is due as mine was wacky last month. Had spotting on the 24th, one spot, and then didn't start for another 3 days until the 27th, so if I still go by the 24th, I should have started yesterday, but if not, then it would be the 23rd. And mine have mostly been showing up after 3 weeks, but not this month. This might be one that is going to be late. Who knows anymore? Not to mention I for years have been dealing with incontinence occasionally upon sneezing, have had a bad taste in my mouth these past couple of mornings. I know those are symptoms of menopause but certain liquid antacids can cause that also, so can sinus problems, hadn't taken any antacid for about 4 days though. Trying to determine if these flushed feelings could be sinus/allergy related or hormone related.
Lisa DOB:1960
Peri,
fibroids,
low grade cervical dysplasia (cryotherapy done Dec. 21st) (cured as of June 27th, 2009)
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby chelsea6 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:55 pm

I'm wondering if your headache is a result of blocked sinuses, and your ears hurting from an inner ear infection. Perhaps a cold? :( Here in Iowa many are having those symptoms.. awful stuff.
Sorry you aren't feeling good.. here's a big {{{ HUG!!! }}}}
Hope you feel better soon!~! :wink: :)
chelsea6
On Fire!

Postby psexypsychic » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:10 am

Are you sure you don't have a touch of the flu? I know its been going around a little (especially in those humid, slightly tropical areas).

As for the heartburn- my doc prescribed Prilosec (actually, for two years, I had a prescription, then my provider decided since I could buy the Prilosec version, they'd stop giving it to me). I take one a day and never have heartburn. Compared to the hell I was in before, I'm willing to pay the few extra $$ to get it.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby ladydebubba » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:54 am

We have had a massive turnaround from the 100+ temps we had for 10 days straight back in August to highs one weekend around the mid 70's and the lows in the upper 50's. Temps are staying around 90 for highs now with lows in the 60's. So that in itself, is a problem here. And it is always humid most of the time during the summer here. And I think ragweed has shown itself now from what I've heard. Not very pleasant. I stay a mess during sinus/allergy season.
Peri,
fibroids,
low grade cervical dysplasia (cryotherapy done Dec. 21st) (cured as of June 27th, 2009)
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby chelsea6 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:02 am

Boy, I feel for ya, hon. Your T.O.M. is still lurking which explains your sore breasts. Mine get REALLY sore and full-feeling right before my period. I know it'll be showing up sometime soon, heck if I know when though. :roll: But then, we've got this pre-menopause thing going on, so who knows what's next??

Like you, I've also experienced the incontinence. Of course it happened when I was at a restaurant. I felt like normal and had to go to the restroom, then just before I get my jeans down.. oops!! :oops: Another time was when I sneezed like you did. It wasn't a lot, but enough to put a damper on things. I was wondering what is going on because I'd never had that before. Now I always wear a tiny lightdays pad just in case. :wink:
chelsea6
On Fire!

Postby ladydebubba » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:19 pm

Well, my monthly showed up today. Surprise, Surprise. I hate when I sneeze or cough and the incontinence thing happens. Yeah, it does put a damper on things. :lol: I need to get some panty liners for those times. Thanks for the suggestion.
Peri,
fibroids,
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby chelsea6 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:09 am

Ladydebubba: Whew.. now you'll be glad when it's over with. :) I thought mine was over, and I'm still having brown discharge, it takes forever to go away. :roll: Sorry.. TMI..lol :lol: Y.W. on the pantyliner suggestion. You'll find it really helps to be prepared for the "unexpected". :wink:
chelsea6
On Fire!

Postby ladydebubba » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:35 pm

chelsea6, nothing said can gross me out. I have heard and seen many things in my 47 years. But yeah, the pantiliner idea is a great one. :lol:
Peri,
fibroids,
ladydebubba
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:13 pm

Minnie has the same problem!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause