GOT ESTROGEN?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

GOT ESTROGEN?

Postby marytkelly » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:50 am

I finally broke down and got THE PATCH. No, I’m not a closet smoker and decided it was time to quit.

I’ve been crazy lately. Foggy brain, loosing keys, my cell phone, and that one unfortunate occasion when I actually lost my car!

Never mind all that.

I realized I needed Estrogen and I needed it now! Went to the hormone doc to get some relief. After my crying jag blathering and bloviating on and on about my numerous symptoms, she decided it was a CRISIS and immediately sent me to the bathroom to slap on the estrogen patch just to get me to stop talking.

She told me it would take at least 24-36 hours to feel a little different, but I’m such a cheap drunk that I swear I could feel the calming effects of that estrogen flowing through my body on the ride home.

Yes, I know the studies on the long-term effects of these hyped-up hormones are as confused as my muddled brain. I’m willing to be the sacrificial lamb for all womankind to just get a little sanity back in my life.

A little libido here, a little clarity there…pop a little progesterone for the in-between times, and wouldn’t this be great…I might actually get a full six hours of sleep and remember what day of the week it is at the same time.

I may be desperate, but I’m suddenly no longer depressed.

What do other wmen think? Am I just crazy or making the best decision I’ve made for myself in a long time???

:evil:

Mary
http://www.hotwomenhotflashes.com
marytkelly
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:04 am

You're funny, Mary :) You could write captions for my cartoons or I could draw cartoons to your captions. LOL

What many women don't understand just yet....it's OK to try hrt if it's going to help you function and you use the lowest dosage for the shortest amount of time possible. Of course, there's no guarantees and I would be concerned about if I was delaying the inevitable. I don't know. I've heard from women on both sides for nearly 11 years now and there's just no pat answer. Even the Pat's I know don't know!! :)

Keep us updated on how you're doing. You can be our guinea pig. :) :dontknow:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Got Estrogen?

Postby marytkelly » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:16 pm

Thanks Dee for the encouraging response.

I'm on The Patch now (as well as some other fun things) and I definitely seem to be calmer. My phone has been ringing and I haven't thrown it at the wall (good for the phone and the wall!).

Sleep is my challenge, but I'm working on that one as well.

I will keep posting as time goes on...this is all new to me and I used to be in such great control-- (who am I kidding--I have 4 kids and the control thing hasn't worked too well with them...or my husband now that I think of it!).

Life is humbling. Every time I try to get an ego, there's a new lesson I need to learn.

Thanks again!
marytkelly
Warm Pauzer

Postby Zon » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:05 pm

Hello Mary!
And girl, I can tell you; I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! :banghead: I've just decided to go back on HRT myself! (while I still like my family)! :laugh2: My GYN called me in a RX for PREMPRO. I've not heard of this patch you're talking about. I know I'd LOVE to have 'a quick fix' for the :hot: flashes alone!!! I couldn't tell ya how many I suffer from in one 24 hr.day! If I had them all at one time...I think I'd burn a hole SMACK through the floor!
I can relate to your sleep problem too! (Or should I say, 'Lack of'). 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep would be a blessing! I tell everybody that I take naps, cause a whole nights sleep would be something I'd dream of (if I could get some sleep)!
I've been reading up a lot on these HRT drugs lately. And also getting a lot of help from this site. All I know to do (at least for myself) is try it for a while and if my doctor will agree, come off of it for a while-to give my body a break. I don't know how long is considered 'SAFE', to stay on it, until I get to talk to my GYN.
But I figure even if it's not safe for me...then at least it'll be safer for everyone else around me! :fire2:
The world will never care how much you know,
until; The world knows how much you care!
Zon
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause