Feeling fuzzy, tingly....

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Feeling fuzzy, tingly....

Postby Seawind36 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:32 pm

Ok, this is an odd one, I think! Sometimes when something stresses me, I get a feeling that washes/spreads over my upper body - much like I hear descriptions of hot flashes - but these are a fuzzy, tingly, really weird feeling (I believe they are a type of anxiety attack since I do have those and they have worsened in the last year). At the same time, I sometimes get this sudden very warm feeling - no flushing or anything, just go from comfortable to Ok, did the kids turn the heat on again? Has anyone experienced this combination before - it's really freaky (for lack of a better word) when it happens!

Also, in regard to hot flashes, do they start out mild and get worse as things progress? I believe I had my first 'awake' warmy night before last (no anxiety, no provocation that time!)

Thanks, ladies!
Robin, the certifiable granny
Peri since 2002
Seawind36
Warm Pauzer

Postby honey » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:57 pm

That's a good question about hot flashes starting suddenly or not. I think I have had some today. My face suddenly went very warm and I look like I'm blushing but I have had it for the last hour.
honey
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:41 pm

This just goes to show us how complicated it is to describe our symptoms to someone like a doctor. There's no real specific thing that happens all the time and even the same symptom can have different faces.

The hot flashes can definitely come on so fast (and gone just as fast sometimes) that you're not sure what "hit" you. The best thing to do is keep a small hand fan (either battery operated or paper) nearby, especially if you're at work. I used to get drenched on the back of my neck and have to go put a cold cloth or papertowel on there to cool down. This was 17 years ago so no one was even talking about it then and I suffered alone.

As for the other things happening, your entire body is involved in this so you can expect some odd, undefineable experiences along with the old regulars!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Zon » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:41 pm

For months after my periods stopped, I was as happy as a kid on Christmas morning! I didn't have the first symptom of menopause! WOO-HOO! :party1: NO MORE PERIODS!! :cheer:
Then when she struck...She struck HARD! Immediately, I started suffering the :hot: hot flashes and :cry: mood swings! Gradually, as the weeks and months have went by, I've noticed other symptoms still creeping up on me. The newest one is: When I'm about to get a hot flash; I get a warning now! :dontknow: The backs of both of my hands start stinging and then burning! Then the flash hits! I've not heard of anyone complaining with that one YET.
But as Dee has told you; we're all different. And not every woman will suffer exactly the same as another. The best we can do is, be supportive of one another :hug2: and try to help each other through this!!! My fan is my 'BEST FRIEND' right now!!!
The world will never care how much you know,
until; The world knows how much you care!
Zon
Combustible

Postby Seawind36 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:35 am

Thanks! I know we are all different. I'm trying to deal the best I can and just keep on truckin'! The hardest part is trying to figure out what is what of all the different things going on in my life - which is part of peri, which stress, which ADHD, etc! Talk about interesting - as someone else said on another thread, quoting Lily Tomlin "I had to pick now to give up drugs!" I decided 4 days ago that it was time to quit smoking - Yikes! It took me 4 hours to write a shopping list yesterday - I have gotten almost nothing done in the last 4 days! Either I can't focus, or I'm falling asleep!
Robin, the certifiable granny
Peri since 2002
Seawind36
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:37 am

Robin, congratulations!! I believe you will be more successful since you DID quit during a most stressful time. It's like, if I can do it now, I can do it!! Good for you! I quit in March 2005 and I've never regretted it. You've probably already checked out the "Can You Quit" section where you'll see that some have quit cold turkey, others are finding the Chantix works for them.

"It took me 4 hours to write a shopping list yesterday" hahahah....it's probably the best shopping list you've ever done though! :) Seriously though....take it all in stride ok? Give yourself some leeway because things ARE going to slow down and get a little foggy some days. It does help to understand why strange things may be happening so just as you have done research on ADHD or stress, you're now including peri-menopause in the game so just keep doing what you're doing like reaching out to others here.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:45 am

three months so far, without any blood show or discharge ... am I finally on the path to full menopause? Fingers crossed, as the last two years have been constant blood spotting, discharges and flooding and I have felt like my life has been ruled by this.

Now to the hot flushes. Mine tend to start with the skin on my legs getting very tingling and warm, a little like you've got a mild sunburn on your skin. I have had a few fullblown red-faced sweating moments but recently it's been more like an overall warm feeling and sunburnt skin. Most odd.

As for mood swings, difficult to tell. I am moving house, selling one and buying another, and moving country, etc., so there is a lot going on so it is impossible to tell whether I am driven by stress, tiredness, excitement or hormones! However, over all I seem to be on an even keel except that my brain is getting very foggy and so I have to write everything down on lists and find that I am double-checking my reminders!

It is extremely pleasant not to have all that bleeding and discharges now, although there is still a part of me that is a Girl Guide ('be-prepared'!!!) and carries a sanitary towel in my bag .... just in case. I mean, I've been dry for three months now but it could all be building up in there !!!
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause