Am I in peri?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:38 pm

I had a laparoscopy and a DNC by the gyno and he told me then I was going through the change and suggested I have a hysterectomy which would cure all the symptoms!! What a load of crock that is I have since found out.

I think male docs who keep suggesting whipping out a woman's insides/reproductory bits should be offered the equivilent :lol: :D
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Peri (or Pre-) Menopause

Postby bizziebee » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:45 pm

Thanks One Hot Woman!
I agree with you 500%
I guess for them [male docs] it's their way of keeping us away from them or else in their eyes - an easy fix.
Bring on all women doctors who can relate to us.
bizziebee

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:49 pm

forgot to say ''welcome'' :)
...I had never heard of where you live either, but Norfolk in England was one of our favourite holiday places when the kids were younger :D

I'm on 150mcg thyroxine (synth -T4) (have been since '91), but still get bad symptoms so am looking into getting T3 too, or natural thyroxine, which makes a big difference to many...
that with pre-meno is making life difficult...
we're about the same age.
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Peri (or Pre-) Menopause

Postby bizziebee » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome One Hot Woman. This site has been a Godsend to me as reading other people stories is rather reassuring.
We have a reunion out here once a year with people from Norfolk in the UK as well as the Norfolk Norwich [I think that's the name]. I just love the UK as it is so pretty. I was there in 1984 and will come back one day. My hubby is from Bedford but lives out here now [of course]. He said he will take me back there one day..........maybe once I am over all this meno stuff [lol :wink: ]. Anyway, thanks again and take care
Cheers for now
bizziebee 8)
bizziebee

Postby minniepauz » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:48 pm

I'm so glad to hear that you were given a clean bill of health by your doc. Now you can concentrate on educating yourself about the roller coaster ride of peri-menopause. Once you are finally post menopausal, you can pretty much handle the lingering symptoms.

The most I can tell you is that nothing is written in stone about this time in life. It's rare to find even 2 women out of millions who have had the exact same experience. That's why it's so helpful to have forums like this one because when you list your symptoms, many women can respond and one will relate to a few things and someone else will relate to other things as you've already discovered.

So you're not crazy and you're not alone....now we can just kick back and have fun! :) I hope you joined the newsletter and got the cartoon page....
minniepauz
Site Admin

Peri (or Pre-) Menopause

Postby bizziebee » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:54 pm

Thanks Dee
I have indeed been a receiver of the great newsletter for quite a while now and always get a good chuckle from it.
CU soon
bizziebee :oops: :D
bizziebee

Quick Reply

Previous

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause