Please explain tingling in extremeties

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Please explain tingling in extremeties

Postby honey » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:12 pm

Hi, I'm having tingling in my feet. Can everyone who reads this and experiences it please describe the feelings as I'm not sure that what I'm feeling is the same thing. Does it come and go or is it there most of the time? I Have other peri things going on as well i think!!! Thanks so much......Honeyxxx
honey
Warm Pauzer

Postby mgr » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:27 am

Hi,

I did have tingling in my feet/legs, hands/arms. It was a feeling sort of like when your foot goes to sleep & it starts to wake up. I hated having the feeling. I don't have it that much anymore but I am not sure if it was peri or due to my hypo. As soon as I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and put on medication, the tingling went away. I have had so many peri symptoms I can't even keep track. I have finally decided to go on HRT's and hopefully that will take care of everything. It's been 2 years for me and I have tried to stay away from HRT's but I'm at the point where quailty of life prevails.
Hope things get better for you.
MGR
mgr
Hot Pauzer

Postby honey » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:10 am

I'm really starting to get fed up. When one symptom fades off another takes over. At the moment I'm suffering with backacke from the middle of my back up. I don't know whether it's maybe bad posture sitting at a desk all day or just general peri muscles aches. When I try to take a deep breath in I get a pain as well. Thanks for the reply about the tingling. I'm very grateful.....Honey
honey
Warm Pauzer

Postby jennykerty » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:12 pm

Hi Honey:

About a year ago, I had tingling in my thighs. One day I was sitting at my desk and had to immediately go to the bathroom, because i was CERTAIN that a bug had just crawled up my leg into my underwear.

Of course, there was nothing there, but I had that feeling, sometimes just tingly, sometimes more pronounced--like a crawling feeling.

I went to the doctors and she didn't come up with anything. (I think I had bloodwork too--and it was all normal.)

I don't have that feeling anymore. I think it may have lasted a month or two and faded away.

I have also read on alot of other forums-about this same complaint--so I believe that it is peri-menopause related.

Good Luck.
Jenny :D
jennykerty
Warm Pauzer

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:31 pm

I get that...I think I read that it's connected to the skin getting drier so the nerves are affected.
I just forget, or lack the time and energy to moisturise a lot....
my under-active thryroid makes it worse.
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause