So Tired of All This

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

So Tired of All This

Postby danmia » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:58 am

hello me again ranting and moaning about this miserable condition. Every time I think something is getting better, it's replaced by yet another ailment. I feel this year has been the worst ever, so I guess it's like the peak of menopause or something. I've had so many little niggly things it is just wearing me down. Nothing ever big enough to lay me flat, but just enough to make me miserable. Right now I have gastrointestinal problems. I had a bug a couple of months ago and it just seems to have messed me up. Although my IBS got better it seems, its been replaced by heartburn and indigestion. I am constantly feeling like I haven't eaten and am hungry with a kind of pressure in my chest but no pain. Just feel like I need to belch or something to clear it. It started with the bug then it got better and now it comes and goes it seems. I have had some sort of infection in the corners of my mouth which although is going now, just seemed another irritating thing. My husband is fed up with my ailments and just says woman you are falling apart. I know he's worried so I try not to say too much but really I'm so miserable with all this. I am imaginging all kinds of terrible illnesses, and yet I know this is just making everything worse. I have always been a horrible worrier, blessed with panic attacks and constant anixety about health. I have loads of other niggly symptoms, like chronic allergies, where I itch like an idiot every single night. Never been a big problem with hot flashes, although night sweats and insomnia are a big friend of mine. Occasional dizziness and shaky feelings just general not on top form feeling. Nothing specific just if I have a day where I feel good it's so wonderful. I'm tired of it all, I'm scared that it's never going to get better, or that it's something much worse. I dont have a doctor or insurance but even if I did I doubt I would go anywhere, again too scared of that also. I give myself horrible illnesses every single day, today I have angina definitely or a peptic ulcer or something in that vane. I'm depressed and feel such a loser to my husband, I am scared he will get fed up with all this. It must be horrible having someone who constantly has something wrong with them. Anyway I guess I just need to hear that I'm not crazy, even though my memory loss seems to say otherwise. I just want to have a few weeks I'm not greedy just a few weeks of nothing, no ailments, no aches, no pains, no fatigue just peace and a little energy.
Thanks for listening
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:12 pm

Please keep trying to distract yourself from all the nagging ailments and if nothing else you will have less to worry about. Do you ever watch Dr. Oz on Oprah? I love the way he explains how our bodies work. You can go on her site and find a whole section of Dr. Oz. I even found Oprah's radio station (on my DirectTV station #807) and I'm listening to Dr. Oz right now!

He's got a book out too...so maybe you could go to the bookstore and buy that. I'm like you regarding no insurance so I also rely on the internet for help in diagnosing various problems I'm having. So far I've looked up heart attacks, stroke and psoriasis. Fortunately, the only thing I KNOW I have is psoriasis and it's getting worse....nearly 75% of my body and I can't decide if I should apply for patient assistance for the strong drugs that will probably put the psoriasis in remission. The side effects are things like lymphoma and TB, so it's not like I'm only going to have a headache or feel a little dizzy. I'm in the process of deciding what to do. Anyway, I'm going to try to post a question to Dr. Oz about psoriasis..... you might want to look over his section too: http://www2.oprah.com/health/oz/ask/oz_ask_plugs.jhtml

Don't give up....if we can resolve just one of our issues, that will be progress!! One thing at a time, ok? :) Hang in there!!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby danmia » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:19 pm

Thanks so much I will check it out. I think the majority of it is stress, I work way too hard and have no time off hardly at all and I so want to have time to clean my house, I know that sounds silly but it drives me nuts when it's messy and right now I just dont have the time or energy to deal with it. I would love a cleaning fairy, in fact that's what I have asked for for Chirstmas this year, someone to come in and super clean my house it would just give me so much pleasure. Stress sucks and symptom surfing is so wrong hehehe but I'm sure we all do it. I feel for you with having psorasis because I have some sort of skin thing going on and have for years, suffice to say I never wear short sleeves or shorts, no dresses etc because where I scratch myself silly sometimes it's just horrible hives, dry patches rashes just nasty. Oh well back to work and thanks again for your support I think you and your site are wonderful.
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby KarenR » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:39 pm

Hi Danmia,

I don't think I have ever posted before, but been a lurker for several years! Your post touched me. When I first found this site, what you wrote described me! I thought I was going crazy, I had to be dying of some deadly disease and having no insurance, I was afraid to go to the doctor, but was making myself nuts wondering what could be wrong with me. Then I found Minnie Pauz!

First, about the no insurance thing. Call your local health department or hospitals and ask them if there are medical clinics in your area for the uninsured. Our hospital has one where what you pay is based on income. Where my daughter lived, a big city in Ohio, the health department runs clinics based on income also. Both are like going to a regular doctors office. Check into it.

When I first started feeling unwell, I figured it was stress. My mom was very ill with end-stage uterine cancer. I was an emotional and physical mess. My doctor suspected it was depression and stress, but thankfully, decided not to ignore the physical symptoms I was experiencing and checked my thyroid. Tests revealed hypothyroid and she put me on medicine. Then in the middle of one appointment, when I was a crying mess because my mom had passed away. She was very sympathetic and patted my hand and said...Karen, some women grow older gracefully, you are not going to be one of those women! So she suggested I start reading all I could about peri-menopause. That is when I found this site. Since that time, with regulating my thyroid, I feel much better, but when some of the other crazy things start to get to me, I run to this site and start reading to assure myself I'm not crazy!! There are others going through the same thing. I swear some of the days, I experience 99% of the 35 symptoms of peri-menopause!!

I gave my husband a list of the symptoms of menopause and he read them too. Now he is a little more understanding of what I am going through and helps to remind me daily there will be an end to these things someday. He is the one who and went and looked up information about my thyroid to assure me I wasn't dying and he is my biggest encourager!

Two years later, I still have really bad days, emotionally and physically, but I do have some really good days also! I just have learned, with the help of this site, to go with the flow and try not to get too stressed! I'm not completely better, but I am better at handling it.

How's that for a first post? I hope this helps you!

Karen
KarenR
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:48 pm

Wonderful first post, Karen! I hope it encourages more lurkers :lurk2: to come out in the open! We need you ALL!! :) It helps so much! So glad you're here!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby danmia » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:15 pm

Thank you so much for the post it was truly good to hear I'm not alone, although of course since finding this site I know I'm far from alone. Of course now i'm replying I cannot for the life of me remember anything of your post to quote even though I know it was wonderful, and so here is the brain fog I deal with on a regular basis it would seem. Hehehe.
I just know I've found a great site and know there are loads of lovely ladies out there just like me who wonder why not more is said about all the other annoying symptoms we get not just the hot flashes, they are the least of my problems. In fact if I could trade some of the other things for hot flashes I would welcome that. Hot flashes i can deal with, night sweats are a breeze, but some of this other stuff I was not prepared for. Anyway thank you so much again for your posts and encouragement it truly helps.
:)
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:47 pm

Just a note for all of you who may not have noticed.....when you are typing a response to a post and cannot remember what was in the post, just scroll down under the box you're typing in ...voila.... there is a topic review with all the posts in the thread (last post is first in the list). I have to admit I didn't know that either when I first started this board. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby danmia » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:52 pm

duh hehehe who knew so it is :) thank you
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:31 pm

KarenR wrote:....Karen, some women grow older gracefully, you are not going to be one of those women!
strangely funny thing to say :lol:
So she suggested I start reading all I could about peri-menopause.
I guess she was being practical.

I swear some of the days, I experience 99% of the 35 symptoms of peri-menopause!!
snap! (have hypo-thyroid too)

I gave my husband a list of the symptoms of menopause and he read them too.
I gave the list to my husband, but I don't know if he read them :D

He is the one who and went and looked up information about my thyroid to assure me I wasn't dying and he is my biggest encourager!
that's brilliant!

How's that for a first post?
welcome :)
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause