sweating ??

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

sweating ??

Postby KayB » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:53 am

Lately, if/when I get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, I'll notice that my pajama bottoms are "damp" but not soaked... My upper half, not nearly so much if at all. Just curious as to whether that could be part of a night sweat or if you can have one and not know it??? This is all new to me. I used to get cold chills--where I'd wake up and start shivering, I'd bundle up under more covers and then I'd be sweaty after.. Haven't had one of those for a long time....
KayB
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:27 am

Kay...it really does fluctuate, along with your hormones. For some women it's very obvious that it's nightsweats and for others, it's kind of like....hmmmm, did I just have a hotflash? But you do have the evidence and you know what you felt so I would say, yes....that was YOUR version of nightsweats. :) Now maybe it will happen again, maybe it won't...next time it could be only your top half.....hoping I don't offend you (or anyone else), but I'd say you had a half-assed nightsweat experience!! LOL
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby KayB » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:15 am

Is it "normal" to have these every night??
KayB
Combustible

Postby CathyW » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:15 am

Hi Kay B

I used to get these sweats all the time. Haven't been as bad lately. They were always worse the week before a period. Unfortunetely yes I would consider it a "normal" part of peri.
Cathy
born 1960/peri/fibroids/hypothyroidism/on Disability because of FM
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:05 pm

Yes, some women have them every night and it affects their sleep to the point where they don't function well the next day. If it gets this bad, you might want to consider investing in some "wicking" sleepwear such as http://www.serenecomfort.com/Wicking-Sl ... px?AFID=17 and/or the BedFan https://www.secure-bedfan.com/ProductDe ... A&Click=25
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby KayB » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:15 pm

Thanks for the mention of the wicking sleepwear, I am going to check it out.

This kind of had me rattled as I developed a slightly-sore throat on the right side, which is going down, but I also had a very slightly tender inflamed lymph node on the right too so I think "lymph node, night sweats" my mind is playing games with me...

The sweating never wakes me up--I usually only notice it when I get up in the morning or if I get up to use the bathroom I notice I'm damp...
KayB
Combustible

Postby colopam » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:41 pm

KayB
I haven't had hotflashes (knocking on wood) but have in the past gotten the "warmies" at nite...hasn't happened for awhile now and my sleep has gotten better too....hopefully neither of us will go fullblown power surges!!!
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Night sweats

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:27 am

I'm now really getting to understand what nightsweats are all about!! In the last couple of months I have woken up in the night and been really hot, where my skin is damp, and I have checked the central heating thermostat to make sure that I haven't stuck it on 30!! No, it is just me and it is a strange feeling - my body core is HOT but it is the skin on my legs and arms that tingles, like mild sunburn. So, the covers get thrown off the bed for twenty minutes while I lie there and fry! then they are back on because when you start to cool down, and your sweat has evaporated, it gets cold. then the covers are off, then on again. This all starts around 3am and I'm awake for the rest of the night, it seems, although I don't feel too shattered the next day.

I make sure I have a pitcher of water by the bed and a glass, as drinking water seems to help cooling down. Or, if it really gets bad in future, I have something to pour over myself !!

I'm also finding that anything can set me off during the day, like one glass of wine. In fact, if I drink a glass of wine then I get very hot, red faced and look utterly boozed - that is probably the worst of it, having to stick to spritzers at dinner!!!

Anyway, that's my experience of hot sweats. During peri- I had some hot moments, mostly during the day, but now I'm getting full-blown hotties at night.

Haven't had a period or blood show for four months now so am obviously well on the menopausal road. Wouldn't mind so much but our local supermark had a promotion and discounted the sanitary towels and I bought LOADS at this cheap price since, a week before, I had been flooding and going through them at a rate of knots. And, would you believe, since then I've dried up and haven't used one of them, so I have a load of packets in the cupboard. Not the kind of thing you can auction on Ebay, is it?
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby danmia » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:38 am

I can wring my night shirt out every morning.......sometimes it doesnt' wake me up.......most nights, I wake up wet cold and shivering........fun fun fun.........strangely enough when I go to bed I'm usually freezing and my husband is complaining that he's hot. So he warms me up then in the mornings when he is always cold, I am a furnace for him...... So it works........hehehe

Happy Holidays!!!
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause