Lord have mercy!!!! Watery eye???

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Lord have mercy!!!! Watery eye???

Postby konamom » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:58 am

Tell me this is yet another freaking thing I can look forward to. On Sunday morning my left eye began tearing on and off during the day. Still watery today! My right eye is fine. No redness, itching, or crusty stuff, just watery and tearing. Anybody else experience this?
Peace,
Susan
konamom

Postby minniepauz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:29 am

Could it be pink eye? Anyone around you having this problem? Sounds like you might have something in there...maybe go to an eye doctor to make sure.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby danmia » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:27 pm

Well here's a funny thing. I have always had big problems with my eyes watering a lot. But lately a new thing has developed, they are watering and overnight crusting over just like I have pink eye but I dont. I also had two styes within a few weeks of each other recently. So who knows I'm never surprised by any symptom any more. Oh yeah and I had a bout of one of my eyes swelling up for no reason and again like pink eye but not, no idea what that was either. All these things just made my watery eyes water more and more, like I said I just sigh and go oh well who knows. Hehehe hope yours improves soon.
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:41 pm

I really don't think this is menopause related, but it's still good to know you're not the only one experiencing something like this. There are so many viruses and bacteria related things going on that even going to the grocery store anymore could be an infectious (sp?) escapade!

I'm afraid I'm going to cause my grandkids to develop OCD with the way I make them wash their hands these days, but that seems to be the only way to protect ourselves from anything. Everything we touch has probably been contaminated at some point and once I realized how often I touch my face or rub my eyes, I could almost tell when I was going to come down with something. As a side note, we all need to do everything we can to keep our immune system strong to fight off all this stuff! Mine is not very healthy due to the psoriasis...or the other way around I guess, so it's hard to know what to do.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby danmia » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:48 pm

I put it down to the fact that your immune system is not what it should be during this time, therefore all the viruses and bacteria smile gleefully and target me whenever they can. I also have had a weird fungus in the corners of my mouth which would not heal up, honestly I look like a freak lately with all these weird afflictions. hehehee I am the queen of wipes, sprays, soap, hand washing OCD definitely. But still fighting and know it will get better..........one day..........lol
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby konamom » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:39 am

It's definitely not pink eye, but look what I just found:

Women frequently experience problems with dry eyes as they enter menopause because of hormonal changes.

Symptoms:
Itching
Burning
Irritation
Redness
Blurred vision that improves with blinking
Excessive tearing
Increased discomfort after periods of reading, watching TV, or working on a computer

Add this one to the ever growing list of symptoms!!!
Peace,
Susan
konamom

Postby danmia » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:43 am

Well there we go, who knew.
Hehehe all I know is make up is a definite no no now, which of course makes me look permanently tired and ill. Either that or racoon eyes all day from all the wiping.

Have a great day!!
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:01 pm

Way to go, Susan!!! You're officially a Minnie Pauz researcher/supporter/educator!! :) I believe I will put that information on the symptoms page right away!

You ladies are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :welldone:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby debz » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:52 am

Funny you should mention this problem. I had the same thing recently for about a week. My left eye was teary for no reason (I just woke up with it like that one day), though at the time I thought it was because of my job (I work with dogs) but the fact that it only affected one eye was strange. It wasn't a stye and I also noticed that even though it was teary all the time the tears didn't seem to be coming out of the tear duct, just weepy on my lower eyelashes. Sounds odd, but at the time it WAS odd. I kept having to wipe my eye all the time which was annoying and I didn't really know what to do about it. I bathed it in warm, salty water and I don't know if that helped at all, but one day I just woke up and it had stopped weeping. It was really weird. I've been peri for 3 years and this is the first time that's happened ever. So, I don't know if it is connected with meno but for someone else to have the same thing it seems more than a coincidence. :?
Deb - DOB:1960/peri since 2004
debz

Postby iluvtolaff » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:19 am

I get the watery eye--in one eye only--about 3 or 4 months straight, non-stop. It waters constantly but no crusting. Looks like I'm crying out of one eye! hahaha!
In the past 3 years, I've had it happen 3 times. I thought it was allergies as it usually lasts from March to July but had that checked out--Nope! So, I researched and found out it was a meno-maniac thing. I just 'get through it' until it goes away.
Hot Flashes are a way of life!

My Paint Shop Page
iluvtolaff
One HOT Woman!

Postby aprilcline » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:11 am

Konamom I have this problem every morning - almost! It's annoying. I didn't realize it was a perimenopause symptoms but I guess it's a safe assumption. Maybe they are tears we never felt safe enough to shed - holistically speaking. I just keep the kleenex going and wear waterproof mascara (maybelline). :roll:
April
aprilcline
Hot Pauzer

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause