Just to say thank you Minnie

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Just to say thank you Minnie

Postby danmia » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:44 am

Hi

I'm a pretty regular moaner on this site. Full of anxiety, symptoms,panics etc. I have to say without this board I would be in a far worse state than I am. Typically it saves my life and sanity. I have had a lot of problems this year, seems to be a peak menopause year for me, if there is such a thing. I've always had bad anxiety and was on medication for years and years until about 8 years ago I stopped taking everything because I truly believed it made things worse in the long run. Anyhoo, I also have horrible IBS which has progressively gotten worse with this delight we share. And now I have GERD who knew, apparently heartburn isn't the only symptom. I used to get that maybe a couple of times a week at night but nothing that I thought was a problem. I certainly didn't need the Prilosec my husband took. How wrong can you be. There is such a thing as silent GERD where your stomach has so much acid it just makes life plain miserable. So now I'm non Prilosec too and the odd top up with Zantac until the Prilosec kicks in fully to do its job. My panic attacks, coincide with hot flashes, or just plain sweating, the shaking, dizziness that seems to be with me a lot lately. Night sweats that are not usually waking me up, but every morning there I am soaking wet and freezing cold hehe. Did I mention the anxiety hehehe and stress and nausea that goes along with that. And the tears, here's my problem it's not sad things that bother me, but happy things are a dead certainty I will be in floods. Like I watched a video on YouTube of a couple at their wedding who did a great first dance as a surprise and I just crumbled. Oh and the gas, I have no way of knowing now whether my stomach problems are menopause or just me, but gas is a real doozy really painful too until it passes and I can blame the dogs. A lot of it is my IBS and GERD I know but having read tons of menopause message boards (as you do) I find many many tales of nausea, empty feelings like you're always hungry, diarrhea, constipation, gas, yep I have all those. And all these things just make me more and more anxious. You think you're going insane with all these symptoms, and it is very much like being pregnant. I have taken more herbal remedies than they can provide, none of which really help that much. I tried, protonics, did nothing. Fennel tea, nope...peppermint capsules and tea a little help, Relaxan nothing. I was taking a progesterone pill but I have stopped that and honestly I dont know if that helped or not, I think it did. I haven't tried any estrogen products and if anyone knows a good one that works I would appreciate it. But for all this, and all the problems, symptoms, anxieities, where do I find the greatest help and relief? On these message boards. This has been my greatest savior, whatever I have I can just type it in and there it is, some other poor lady with the same thing, trying to find people with the same things. It's invaluable,just makes you feel you're not going insane, (oh yeah my memory for names.....shot....very disturbing) you feel less alone. All the medical sites for menopause always list the main symptoms but all the little niggly things you never see other than on these boards. Like the tingly shivering at night, the watery eyes, the increase of allergies, etc. etc. I am rambling I'm sorry..........anyway THANK YOU.........without you I would be a snivelling wreck................ :lol:
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:44 pm

You're very welcome, danmia and my wish for everyone is that you each find an answer to something that has been causing you discomfort or pain.....if nothing else I hope you all find comfort and support!

Even after you feel you don't need us anymore, please come back to visit and share your experience with those who are new to this crazy time of life! :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby danmia » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:45 pm

the way this is going I doubt I will ever leave this message board lol.........
danmia
One HOT Woman!

Postby CathyW » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:07 pm

minniepauz wrote:Even after you feel you don't need us anymore, please come back to visit and share your experience with those who are new to this crazy time of life! :)

You mean this really will end some day??? :shock:
Cathy
born 1960/peri/fibroids/hypothyroidism/on Disability because of FM
CathyW
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:30 am

Well.....I started to say "yes, someday you won't need us", but you know what? Here I am at 3:00 am, posting on a menopause message board! I don't know if it's insomnia, having to pee, worrying about bills and kids, or what but I'm sure wide awake! I've said it many times over the past 11 years....Thank GOD I don't have to get up in 3 hrs., put on pantyhose, get out in the freezing weather, drive in rush hour traffic and work in an office all day (or worse, do physical labor!)!!!!!! Of course, the bad part for me is that I don't have any regular income and no insurance, which is basically why I'm awake!

I bow down to those women who have to do that over and over to this day! My sister is one and I don't know how she does it at 58! Bless all of you!
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:51 am

I'd just like to say thanks, too, Dee. For providing this forum.
I wish I had the energy to post more as there are some great topics I'd like to explore more.

I hope 2008 will be a good year for you.

Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Re: Just to say thank you Minnie

Postby craftyvalerie » Sat May 17, 2008 5:02 pm

Dee...I agree with them,,,,,this has been the best site I have been to........Its has made me feel better than any med could...thank you!!
craftyvalerie
Combustible

Re: Just to say thank you Minnie

Postby gracious granny » Sat May 17, 2008 6:16 pm

Ditto for me!!!! Thanks a bunch, Dee.
" Lifes a dance you learn as you go"..............
gracious granny
Combustible

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause