Natural (Bio-Identical) Progesterone Cream Testing

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Natural (Bio-Identical) Progesterone Cream Testing

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:45 am

Hi all,
received my natural progesterone cream today, ordered online as it has to be imported from the U.S. via this company (for those reading who are in the U.K.)
http://www.progesterone.co.uk/index.cfm ... roductid=1

it only took about 5 days from ordering which impressed me (as they warned it might take longer).

What Dr. Judy said about natural progesterone cream seemed to fit with my needs and symptoms.

I thought I might start using it tonight and report any changes on this thread (for the benefit of others).
Being in perimenopause, with quite serious hypothyroidism and other symptoms of oestrogen-dominance, I am so sick of it all that I really want to fight back in this New Year - for me, and for my long-suffering husband, kids, and my worried elderly mom.

http://www.progesterone.co.uk/index.cfm ... sc.Thyroid

http://www.progesterone.co.uk/index.cfm ... ion=sc.use

my cycle is 21 days and there is sporadic brown discharge, which can go on for up to the 2 weeks after normal blood flow finishes, which can be thick and stretchy at some points, (which seems to indicate I am still ovulating), which is something I would like to see eradicated.
On this website it does seem to show that old blood is not passed when there is oestrogen dominance, which would explain that.
(Sorry, I am phrasing it badly, please investigate the links).
But it's not exactly conducive to a physical love life when that possibility is there.
Oestrogen dominance can cause irregular cycles and retention of old blood.
http://www.progesterone.co.uk/index.cfm ... ion=sc.use
As I said, I am fighting back.
I'm not old and I'm not going to give up.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby honey » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:54 pm

glad to hear it, please let me know how it works. I will be ordering it if it works....
honey
Warm Pauzer

Postby michelilow » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi,
Have been using this cream for nearly four years now & wouldn't be without it! :D I was getting to the stage where I couldn't cope with all the symptoms of the perimenopause & I came across the site for the cream & thought what the hell! I will give it a try. I have recommended it to so many people here in the UK. My GP had never heard of it (we seem to be behind on everything here in the UK!). I even gave the website to the practice nurse who was very interested in trying some. :)
Hope you find it helps. :)
Take care Michele
B.M. fan & proud of it!
michelilow
On Fire!

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:20 am

that's really encouraging Michele.

I will be telling my doctor that I have been using it on my next visit (whenever that is...I hate going), as well as discussing my thyroid treatment.
I'm hoping she won't be discouraging about it.

How is your doctor about you using it? Is he or she N.H.S.?
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby michelilow » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:16 am

Hi,
my Dr is very open minded & is one of these GP's that will listen to a patients point of view, instead of having a perscription already written out for when you walk in, like some GPs do in this country. We are NHS but two brothers run the pracice that their father started up, but who has now retired.
They have both studied alternative therapies so they will offer those as well if they think they will help. I go there for accupuncture for my fibromyalgia as I explained I didn't want to keep swallowing painkillers.
I showed him the actual progesterone cream & he was going to visit the site on the internet & told me maybe it might help other patients.
Yet one of my friends who I recommended the cream to, her GP told her not to use it. That's up to her to choose but I wouldn't be without it!
Have you read the book by Dr Lee & Virginia Hopkins called What Your Dr May Not Tell You About The Menopause? I picked it up on a trip over to the US a few years ago & it's so interesting & explains an awful lot :)
Michele
B.M. fan & proud of it!
michelilow
On Fire!

Postby minniepauz » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:50 pm

Your doc sounds like a GEM!!! Wonder if we could take up a collection and bring him to the states? :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Re: Natural (Bio-Identical) Progesterone Cream Testing

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:11 pm

I'm glad I posted this thread on the day I received it, as I couldn't remember, last night, how long I've been using it.

Anyway, I know I should give it about 3 months before more effects will be clearer, but just felt I should report so far...

As I've said here, or somewhere, my cycle had been 21 days and heavier, for the last 18 months to 2 years..

I've been using it from Jan. 11th then - 1/8th teaspoon every 12 hours (as directed).

period 25th Dec (previously, which was easy to remember :| )

Began next period on Jan. 18th, which was the 24th day (so there's a change)

also, less brown discharge/old blood after (although still some as I went into ovulation later), (see first post for connection).

OK, my next period began 13th Feb. which is day 26 - so something is changing.

I will definitely be glad not to have periods too close together, as I was so drained (still am), and have to be careful of iron supplements because of the way they can stop thyroxine working properly.
Born 1959
Hashimoto's hypothyroid finally diagnosed 1991 when 30, (after first child).
In pre-menopause. Trying natural progesterone cream.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:32 am

my last period wasn't as heavy, and maybe was about 1 day shorter

when I start to use the cream mid cycle I notice an increase of passing water which is starting to alleviate a seriously swollen ankle and foot that I have...
and I hope it might be helping my swolleness and puffiness elsewhere from the thyroid disease...(face, eyes, hands etc)

as I am beginning to understand how progesterone levels enable thyroxine to be used better in the body.
Born 1959
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:10 pm

Sounds like something is helping! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us as it could be invaluable to many others. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:45 pm

quite disappointed that the last cycle was only 24 days (am on my 7th day of period now). Heavy for about 4 days...still feel not right in stomach and exhausted - but I am hypo-thyroid too.

I am only just on 2 months of using it though and it does recommend 3 to evaluate.
Born 1959
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:39 am

I started my period 2 days ago on Friday 4th April - the 29th day after the last one began :cheer:

this has not happened for about 3 or 4 years...
I am so glad as it was so draining having one every 21 days and sometimes more frequent. I was also worried about the cancer risk with that.

I still am feeling a bit wiped out with the bleeding which was heavy yesterday and this morning...but, strangely, my mood isn't as down as previous months...
I am also still losing water which is slightly alleviating swelling, even at this time of the month

so, it's almost at the 3 months now that they recommend giving it time to reach optimum levels, particularly if you've been quite low on progesterone before and having symptoms of oestrogen dominance.
Born 1959
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby GreenEyez » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:28 pm

Hi Seventeen_At_Heart, your posts show you have been through a great deal, and I really feel for you. It sounds like this cream may help a little, and I hope it keeps helping.

I relate to worrying about cancer risks with Estrogen dominance, and I had that for too many years. Thankfully that part appears to be going, although it's showing it's head a bit again. grrrrrrrrr! :banghead:

What progesterone cream are you trying? I am interested, because I tried the progesterall by Dr Lee's site, and it made me feel very strange. Even 1/8th of a teaspoon. :shock: Sooo sleepy, and yet for about 2 hours I was sleepy and anxious. Go figure. I sure can't, but the cream had some parabens in it, and I wonder if that is what caused me to feel scared to use it again. Anyways, I tried your links, but they are dead. :(

I have read a lot of the natural progesterone cream, and it seems to be more safe than taking HRT which so far I am avoiding like the plague, but as my P levels are so low, I think I need to supplement.

You said " I am also still losing water which is slightly alleviating swelling, even at this time of the month".....and that really got my interest, as when I did take the P cream, I even seemed to get more moisture in my mouth, although this was only for about 2 hours after applying it, I could feel the saliva flooding in, and having to go to the bathroom more often; like I was getting rid of fluid build up.

Please keep us updated with how the cream works for you.......and I hope it works well. You need a break. I really do understand extreme stress affecting hormones, and so you have all my empathy.

Take Care, :flower:
Greeneyez
GreenEyez
Warm Pauzer

Postby minniepauz » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:05 pm

Greeneyez..are you located in the UK? (please put something in your profile that will help us remember)

The site that 17 refers to is here: http://www.progesterone.co.uk/ sometimes they change pages around within the site.

I have ordered progesterone cream from http://www.puritan.com I believe Dr. Judy orders from there too and they seem to be very reliable.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:46 am

thanks Dee, :thumbsup: I was just checking the links and going to post the main one and saw you had.
Strange about those other links...they must have changed the pages as you say.

GreenEyez I don't think this cream actually makes me sleepy, but perhaps I'm still not using enough, or have a big deficit to make up still.

One thing with my latest period, as I said it came after 29 days, which is good...but it lasted (with fresh bleeding every so often), for 8 days, which it hadn't before. (7 at the most)
Still, I would rather have that than them be too close together.

thanks GreenEyez, :hug2: I am still struggling, but I have a bit more hope now...I think it may be helping my thyroxine to work better, so am only taking 3 sometimes instead of the 4 that I raised my daily dose to.
Born 1959
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause