Is all this normal??

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Is all this normal??

Postby honey » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi all,

Just want a bit of feedback from all you girls out there, peri or meno, I do mind. Is it normal to have no hot flushes but chills instead. I get these cold waves that come over me at least once a day and I come out in goosebumps which normally lasts a couple of minutes or so. also I've been having what I would describe as sometimes a fluttering feeling in my chest and sometimes a sudden thud every couple of minutes it seems. I know that palpitations are common in peri but I thought these accompanied hot flushes which I don't get. Any thoughts for me. don't know what my hormone levels are, haven't had a test yet. Thyroid apparently ok too.

Much Love............Honey
honey
Warm Pauzer

Postby psexypsychic » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:54 pm

I sometimes get a clammy chill after I have a hot flash. But, I DO have trouble regulating my temperature in general.

I normally like the cooler air because if I AM having a hot flash, I can step outside and be done with it. But, I can also be sitting here in my house, the heat on 68 (Fahrenheit) and be shivering like mad for no reason. In fact, as I sit here now, I'm wearing a fleece pullover over my long-sleeved tee.

As for the heart flutters- I get those with or without the hot flashes, so I can't be sure what's going on there.

*~my MySpace~*

diagnosed perimeno at 36 years old
psexypsychic
One HOT Woman!

Postby kazy68 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:56 am

Hi there honey,i know exactly where you are coming from,i have been sitting there quite warm then all of a sudden it feels like a shiver running through me from my feet upwards then my hands,feet and everything goes cold and i am covered in goose bumps :? ,and it takes me ages to warm up,living in the UK we get all kinds of weather,the other day it was warm and we where in the garden having a tidy round,but today...well it is pouring with rain :( ,i seem to get diferent symptoms when the weather changes is this the norm?
kazy68
forgive me now - tomorrow i may no longer feel guilty.
kazy68
Combustible

Postby colopam » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:32 pm

I firmly believ that the only thing normal about perimenopause and menopause is that NOTHING is normal!!! lol

or maybe that's EVERYTHING is normal (????)
Hugs Pam
It's never too late for a happy childhood!!
The more you live, the less you die!!
Well behaved women rarely make history.
DB: 1958
peri/hypothyroid/fibroids(myomectomy)
Pam
colopam
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause