is this related ?

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

is this related ?

Postby kazy68 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:19 am

Hi all, i think i have read all the post's here at minni pauz but i havent come across what i am about to ask,
i am 39 years old and have 3 children,i had the first 2 when i was young (18 and 20) after the 2nd one i decided i did not want any more children so i had a sterilization,then my first marriage ended,of cause i met some one else got married and we decided we wanted another child so at the age of 28 i had the reversal operation and we had 1 more child.
since i was 36 i have had all the strange symptoms of peri and have been through various tests wich have all been negative,then my gp said the word menopause because i missed 3 out of 5 periods,the question i want to finaly ask is,could my past op's have anything to do with me going through early menopause,my mother was 39 when she started going through it and it lasted 10-12 years so she was young to she did not have many symptoms tho altho she did have thyroid trouble aswell,any replies would be helpfull :D
sorry to go on :) i may as well writhe my life story lol
kazy
xxx
forgive me now - tomorrow i may no longer feel guilty.
kazy68
Combustible

Postby minniepauz » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:50 am

The main thing to know, kazy, is that each and every one of us has a different experience when it comes to the details of our menopause. When it starts, how long it lasts, why it started when it did, why some never have hot flashes and others have them well into their 70's. There just are no standard answers.

My mother had another child when she was 34 (I was 16) and then I think she had a hysterectomy sometime in her 40's, started taking Premarin and still takes hrt at 77 because she says she can't stand the hot flashes if she doesn't take it.

I went into menopause at 41, no surgery and had pretty bad hot flashes for about 5 years, then they weren't so bad. I've never taken any kind of hormones and I'm now 59 (60 in April).

So other than observing what family members went through, reading boards like this one to see what other women have gone through, talking to your doctors about your personal health history.....all you can do is deal with each circumstance as it comes along. Don't try to predict what your body MIGHT do or how long you might go through peri....you'll drive yourself crazy that way. Just settle in with the confidence that you pretty much know what is going on and what options are available and look forward to the good side of what is to come.
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby kazy68 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:14 pm

Thanks Dee, i know im not alone in all this i just feel like i am having such a bad time of it,for the last week i have felt great considering my period was due on the 20th(i know its only 1 day but that is 1 day late for me)then today i have felt like crap the tingling in my legs and on my scalp are driving me crazy and i am scratching my head like i have fleas or something it always seems that when i am having a good run something turns up to ruin it,i feel so down as i know i will have this for a few weeks to come now i never get it just for a day or two,like you say tho i have to look forward to what is to come,i hope it comes quick,
thanks again Dee, :)
kazy x
kazy68
Combustible

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:11 am

I've noticed a few saying about dry itchy scalps on here (I think) and certainly the thyroid forum I post on - and mine is too, worse lately.
I think, I wonder if I read this somewhere...it can be worse in the winter because of central heating.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby kazy68 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi seventeen-at-heart,i can relate to the central heating part,phew,it is killing me lol,i wake up in the morning and the first thing i do is get my coffee and stand on the back door step and drink it,and the heating isnt even on then lol,i am really hot first thing,well all day really,but late afternoon i have to put the heat on for the hubby and kids,they sit here in sweaters and thick trousers,socks,ect and me im in my no sleve t-shirt and a thin pair of joggers and im still to hot,but what can you do eh! they cant freeze,my itching gets worse when my period is due aswell i washed my hair again today and within 30 mins it is back,i dont use hairspray or other things on my hair so i know its not anything like that,i suppose i just have to grin and bare it like the rest,oh well happy days are on there way i guess but they sure are taking there time getting here lol,my perid still hasnt arrived yet,i am havin the most aufull cramps wich i have never suffered normaly just bad back ache,but now i have both,wow isnt this fun :D

kazy

forgive me now.......for tomorrow i may no longer feel guilty :?
kazy68
Combustible

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:51 pm

don't want to make you jealous :D but I don't get hot flushes/flashes....maybe I never will (which is another reason why I don't think I'm oestrogen deficient).
But I am quite hypo-thyroid so do feel quite cold in our English winter Image
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby kazy68 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi there gals,
just to let you know i got my period today, :cry: ,i hate it guess the only thing that is good about it is that the cramps have subsided a little and are not so painfull,dreading tomorrow and the next few days as my period gets heavier,so today not so bad,i know tomorrow will be hell, :evil: my periods seem to be every 31-35 days now,well at least it gives me a week of,lol,you never know prety soon i might get 2 weeks of then 3 then who knows all this could be over,there i go daydreaming again,lol.
kazy
x
kazy68
Combustible

Postby kazy68 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:23 pm

Hi there,me again,well how wrong was i,at you know i got my period,thought i would get a rough ride,how wrong was i,only yesterday did it arrive and today is seems to be leaving,not that i mind i am just so shocked :shock: ,i know what i am going through and i know that these things happen in peri,so why am i still worrying about my period not being heavy and not staying for 7 days :? ,i suppose it is because this has never happend before,i either get my period,usually late,and it goes on for 7 days or i dont get it at all,the strange thing is,is that the cramps have been horrendous this month where as they are usually mild to none and i normaly get auful back ache wich has not been so bad this month i just cant understand how everything can change at the drop of a hat like that,i will try not to worry as this will make me have panic attacks and that is the last thing i want,sorry to come back moaning again im sure you all get fed up of this,all i seem to do when i visit is moan and go on about my problems,next time i visit i will be more cheerful :D promise.

kazy
x
kazy68
Combustible

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:16 am

see how it goes...mine starts off light, as you say about yours in your first post...2nd day heavy...but it can ebb and flow (hmmm sounds weird saying that about something that's not the tide :D ).

But....if yours are truly ebbing away to nothing...what good news!!
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Re: is this related ?

Postby moodswinger » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:39 pm

Hi
i have a late period. up to 42 days now and for past 3 years or so have been shortened cycles between 21 and 25 days. As a teenager i was long cycles 35 to 40 days and they only regulated after I had my chidren.

My periods have been getting ligher and closer together for a while and last month I had a slight pink show at mid cycle and nothing since! Its a most weird feeling and symptoms are as if i am about to get a period..... stomach ache sore boobs etc, then it goes off again and nothing! I don't want to become obssessive about this but I am finding it is on my mind all the time! instead of enjoying the freedom from it, I am "body watching" and hoping all the time to start a period! Is this mad or what? I am 50 my partner had the snip.... in case you are wondering lol! Can anyone else identify with this? Thanks
moodswinger

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause