Having a Boo-Hoo moment

For those of you who are just beginning this wonderful process, here we can narrow down the symptoms and ask questions like "am I starting perimenopause?"

Having a Boo-Hoo moment

Postby gorgeousfluffpot » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:58 am

Well I thought I was over the worst of the peri-menopausal yo-yo and I seem to have been fairly rational, sane and normal for the last few months. No emotional swings, health seems good. And then yesterday, for no reason .... I suddenly thought, omigod I'm 50 in a fortnight. Hmmm, that's fine, I'm OK with that .... and then .... EEEEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!! AAAAAArrrrgggghhhh!!!!! Where did my youth go? Where did my waistline go? And the floodgates opened.
Dear Mr. GorgeousFluffpot wandered upstairs with a cup of tea to find me wailing and howling and generally making a rather snotty mess everywhere. Poor man, he just kept saying "it's only a day, you don't physically change' and all the right things but for some reason I just needed to cry.
Actually I'm not even sure I was crying about my forthcoming 5-0 ... it was the kind of irrational crying you have when your hormones are swooshing about and a little voice knows you have nothing to cry about but you can't help yourself.
Life is very good at the moment. I have nothing to cry about. But I needed to have a good old hormonal moment even though I'm never normally given over to blubbering about nothing.
Well glad I got this off my chest. Thought I would just post this to say that even if you think you are over the 'hump' the hormones do tend to kick in occasionally and remind you that you're all woman!!
Have a nice day, everyone.
Take cover! Hormones on the rampage again ...
gorgeousfluffpot
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:09 am

Absolutely, fluffpot and I'm glad you shared your "moments" with us. Let's try an experiment.....when you're really feeling "irrationally" weepy or ????, go to the page and read: http://www.minniepauz.com/minniemoments.html Now, seriously, can you stay in a bad mood after that? I'm just trying to test whether humor really does help or not, so tell the truth. :)

If it helps, I will use you as an example to sell my book. It's a combination of those funny stories from real ladies and some of my favorite Minnie Pauz cartoons. With the book, it can go with you wherever you go and wherever you might have a meltdown and need a little pick-me-up. I know, I know....chocolate is actually the first choice. :)
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:55 pm

have had about 2 of these days in the last week (today is one).
It's not P.M.T. as I know the timings of that...although it may be linked to ovulating days with me...know the timing again...I wondered yesterday if it's my soul grieving as it knows no more babies...
sorry if I sound weird...but it's to do with me..who I am...and I guess someone must feel the same.

anyway, for me, now, the only way I can cope is with having a drink (as that is the only way I can drop the 'over-responsibility') and listening to old music and reminding myself of who I was and still am, deep inside.
Thank goodness my husband knows me better than I know myself at the moment.

Just watched the TV movie about Karen Carpenter, as it was on our afternoon T.V. (for about the 4th time).
it is so painful to watch...I knew what was coming...it got me thinking all over again...some lives are just full of pain...
you see I have some insights about how our psyche is tied up with so many things...
trouble is...knowledge is nothing, without love...
i can help others but not myself.
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Postby minniepauz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:00 pm

I can guarantee you that you ARE helping yourself when you help others. Even by expressing your feelings, someone is relating to you and feeling not so alone. :)

Thanks for sharing with us. :bighug:
minniepauz
Site Admin

Postby Seventeen_At_Heart » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:27 pm

you are right Dee, I know you are...I know it...it's something that got me through many times, including the raising of my 2 beautiful kids..

But I think I got quite a bit burned out by helping others (it seemed effectively), but no-one ever seeming to know what would help me...I have struggled to find kindred spirits (as Anne of Green Gables would describe some as).
I even know that can be linked to pride...but I have humbled myself so much in desperation, and been abandoned...
yet, my husband has put up with so much and now I am weak his strength is emerging...
it shouldn't have to be that us women be weak, though, should it...before others have insight...

sorry I know I am rambling...
it's just one of those days...I watched another film earlier
Trial by Media
that struck a chord about how strong women are not allowed to be themselves because so many cannot cope with it...so we pretend or go through constant rejections...
Seventeen_At_Heart
One HOT Woman!

Quick Reply

Return to Peri (or Pre-) Menopause